After a long battle with flatworms then cyano.... we’re back!

AcanLord

So if there is one thing this hobby has taught me it’s that A: Nothing Good happens fast. B: Bad things can happen very quickly if you don’t do your part to prevent them.

I got flatworms because I used to never dip corals. I let them get way out of control because I didn’t see any real damage so I thought it was no big deal. After dosing Flatworm Exit 6 times with a double strength dose each time I had killed 99% of them. Only problem was, I slacked on water changes, then my skimmer went out. Then my salt got back ordered and set my water changes back another month. The result was me losing most of my sps, some Zoa colonies and an acan colony. Along with a torch colony and I’m sure a few others I’ve managed to forget about.

After 2 months of weekly 25% water changes and dosing NoPox I’m finally back to being beautiful. Phosphates were at 3.4! Now I’m excited to be at .5, that’s right, not .05, .5! My tank looks great and I’m still dosing and doing water changes. Also took out 3 tangs, and a coral beauty. So the bioload is smaller. Got my skimmer working better than ever with a bigger pump. I’m pretty excited. Oh, and I got a copperband and got it to eat mysis! He’ll be going in this weekend :)479a816498fe4fbd8613b6e90a32a28a.jpg

218b7ee3040aa11ada89097233fb32b9.jpg88e8090a8aa6a33c1772c6acd187a1e4.jpg

I really wish I could post a video of the tank I took this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nice come back ! One thing about this hobby , is it can be pretty unforgiving. You can be in top of things for months on end and slack off just a week or 2 and lose almost everything. Sometimes it’s disasters like this that we learn the most. Sorry you lost so many corals but glad you stuck it out and it’s amazing how well everything looks.

Looking good!  Glad you were finally able to get things into shape but sorry to hear about your losses.  Indeed, doesn't take long for things to go south in a hurry if certain factors slip.  BTW - is that a Strawberry Fields monti in that first pic?

Yes it is sir! Got it from Jodi. You like?

Looking good!  Glad you were finally able to get things into shape but sorry to hear about your losses.  Indeed, doesn't take long for things to go south in a hurry if certain factors slip.  BTW - is that a Strawberry Fields monti in that first pic?

4afa5ff89d14c35ed5ea5136bd3a945a.jpg
A saved rack of sps seeking shelter in my 20 long.

80541b5e9235f71618a11c704800bc67.jpg
Got a frag of it just for you

11 minutes ago, AcanLord said:

4afa5ff89d14c35ed5ea5136bd3a945a.jpg
A saved rack of sps seeking shelter in my 20 long.

80541b5e9235f71618a11c704800bc67.jpg
Got a frag of it just for you

Nice ! Glad you had a safe place to stash some pieces. Definitely a fan of that monti - happened to pick up a big piece from Kim just last weekend but thanks!

Nice ! Glad you had a safe place to stash some pieces. Definitely a fan of that monti - happened to pick up a big piece from Kim just last weekend but thanks!

Its the fastest growing coral I’ve personally ever seen. The growth on my montis is noticeable every few days. The following photos were taken 10 days apart. 2ad03cbe95465176241bafca1c1b5ea3.jpg2ac095ef8609592d5c902e450a268d9c.jpg

• Like 2