Group buy time!!

Emerald525

What corals would you most want for a group buy?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What corals would you be interested in for a group buy?

• Acro colony
    • Zoas
    • Rock Flower Anemones
    • High end mushrooms
    • Acans
    • Chalices

The masses have spoken and you guys are longing for a good old fashioned group buy. Again for those of you who are knew to how these work:

We basically buy either a large colony and frag it up or buy in bulk to get a discount rate for a nice coral. This way people can get a nice coral at a reasonable price.  Cuttlefish is on board and we are planning on having this available at the next meeting! I can't guarantee that Jeff can get what people vote the most for but I will sure try! You can also pick more than one option as if you don't get what you want this time, I'm sure we can do another group buy again.

The other bonus is we typically save a frag to auction off for TFT later so everyone wins!

Also please comment on other options for a group buy!

I've seen some of Jeff's secret acro stash and if he'd part (frag) one of those pieces Id be in for that- easy to see comparable frags sell for hundreds

Maybe two grow out comps- 1 for "more finicky to keep stuff" (acros) and 1 for the "other"

I have to agree with Gil about the acans however for a growout piece once its fragged and healed itll be months before any new growth happens- at least that's what I read on the internet, my experience is nominal

[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, reefnjunkie said:

I've seen some of Jeff's secret acro stash and if he'd part (frag) one of those pieces Id be in dor that.

Maybe two grow out comps- 1 for "more finicky to keep stuff" (acros) and 1 for the "other"

I have to agree with Gil about the acans however for a growout piece once its fragged and healed itll be months before any new growth happens- at least that's what I read on the internet, my experience is nominal
;)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We aren’t doing a competition just a group buy and I’m sure he has some nice ones stashed away!:drool:

• Like 1

Probably better

Im even more in now 

Who would I contact if I wanted to do an acro grow out comp. Ive got a few nice colonies and wouldn't mind the proceeds going to the club. Getting back ~25% to cover the costs for the colony (frags),  glue, plugs, labor etc.

I'd be happy to add in some prizes to sweeten an already sweet offer 

Sorry for the derailment but you know me :)

10 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

We aren’t doing a competition just a group buy and I’m sure he has some nice ones stashed away!:drool:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, reefnjunkie said:

Probably better

Im even more in now 

Who would I contact if I wanted to do an acro grow out comp. Ive got a few nice colonies and wouldn't mind the proceeds going to the club. Getting back ~25% to cover the costs for the colony (frags),  glue, plugs, labor etc.

The president might be a start. I think you might know her.😉 That sounds awesome.  I don’t think it would be a problem at all. I am assuming you would run it. Brian did one not too long ago. Just let me run it by the board and now ...

:backtotopic:

25 minutes ago, stylaster said:

I like the idea of high end group touchy will die if you look at it wrong group and a much hardier wont die right away group

11 minutes ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

What? emoji848.png

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's emoji481.png

If someone wants to do a high end group touchy I don't judge but start another thread!:nooo: I think what Roy was trying to say is it is better to use a hardier coral for a grow out contest and I would agree! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

If someone wants to do a high end group touchy I don't judge but start another thread!:nooo: I think what Roy was trying to say is it is better to use a hardier coral for a grow out contest and I would agree! :)

Ive read his post 4-5x and have no idea how you can read his post and take away that but hey FWIW I'm not doing any group touchy/ groping/fondling etc

I think I might need to go back into hiding

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, reefnjunkie said:

Probably better

Im even more in now 

I say we take Brad up on his offer!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stylaster said:

I like the idea of high end group touchy will die if you look at it wrong group and a much hardier wont die right away group

Ok... I started to try and translate that then realized it could only go very wrong and decided to just back away slowly.

Actually, I think I figured it out but the alternative interpretations are much more entertaining :D

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Uh... that would be outta bounds right?

:rimshot:

• Haha 1