Ro buddie help

YUP

Ok so I'm going to hit you experts hard and fast now that I'm back') 

Pic is a recent purchase:) the RO buddie without DI as I need a little tds for my lps and softies that I like. I tested the water at 3 tds which is perfect for me. But I'm wasting 5 to 7 gal per gallon. This can't be right from everything I have read and seen. What can I do? 

This is the first ro unit for me! I see that aquatic life offers a booster that supposedly save up to 65% but 100 bucks etc.

Thanks

1521508468342-404073170.jpg

I got the same thing my water pressure is very good and my waist water is like watching money fly out the window 

5 gallon bucket takes a few hours not sure i like it very much i plan on making change soon

Ive learned in this hobby you get what you pay for 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, albertareef said:

Good to hear!  What pressure did you end up getting with the booster and what is your new ratio?  Kind of nice to hear some real world stats.

I run mine from outside faucet to garage so numbers should 'according to manufacturer' get even better come summertime.

Here are the numbers:

*Outside faucet psi 60. Tested by city with me watching lol. 

*From faucet to unit the psi went down to 45psi.

*smart buddie booster boosted it to 100psi more like 105/110🤔 if my gauge is accurate. 

According to manufacturer it's supposed to boost it to 100psi. So I don't know but it isn't leaking or bursting so that good! 

I am now literally getting 1 gal filtered water to like 2 maybe 3 gal waste. I couldnt be happier about the difference.

Warning**

My measuring is using two five gal water jugs and sitting in garage with 🍺 watching YouTube and the waste water jug lol. But I have some OCD so fairly accurate😁

IMG_20180401_085239.jpg

Edited by YUP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Off topic alert ! I LOVE your avatar!   

EFCFAC93-1319-47DD-AEF9-D207360194CF.jpeg

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming !

:backtotopic:

I've come to learn that there really isn't anything truly "off topic" in this forum...

That said, thanks for posting your numbers @YUP - it's great to see some real world data.  Sounds like it's pretty close to what I would have expected from the BSR video on this topic.  I think they saw improved returns up past 90 PSI which then started leveling out so you probably are pushing your optimal return rate for that setup at this point.  Glad it worked out!

• Like 1