Hi everyone

Thetonyage

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum and figured I would introduce myself. I am currently in the process of doing a IM Nuvo Fusion 10g build. I have done bigger reef tanks before, 100, 120 and 150 gallon but this will be my first nano reef. Really looking forward to it. Im oroginally from Pennsylvania but now live in Portland. I'm always looking for new friends to meet up with and nerd out over some fish stuff. Thanks for having me and I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

• Like 1

Welcome!! I love the Nuvo10s and am just patiently waiting for one to come up for sale! Let me know when you upgrade to a bigger tank!

You should come to the meeting this Sunday. There will be lots of great raffle  prizes and lots of fellow reefers and an amazing fish room !

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum!  There are lots of knowledge able peeps here. Having just set up a 20gal Nuvo Fusion myself be prepared as larger tanks are more forgiving than these smaller ones are.  For some reason I have trouble  getting my salinity just right when I do water changes. I did a 4gal water change the other day and new salt water  Sal. Was 1.024 and the tank was 1.025  so I figured end result would be closer to 25 but nope closer to 1.024 so I had to ad salt to the tank. I guess my point is a lot goes a long ways in these little tanks.  Again welcome to the forum. 

• Thanks 1

Welcome!  Good luck with the Nuvo 10 build.  As lewisriver mentions, stability can be a challenge in those small systems but we have had lots of reefers on the forum run them successfully so you should have plenty of sage advice available if need be.  Hopefully we do see you at one of the meetings - great way to get introduced to some of the regulars on here and possible pick up some great raffle prizes!

• Thanks 1