3D printed ato float holder

TheClark

24 minutes ago, albertareef said:

I need a replacement foglight for my 2001 Audi S4 Avant - someone stole mine and they are out of production.  I'm sure you could whip that out in no time!  Hehe...

Well, I have a pretty small printer.  But ya never know!  If you can find a 3d scan of one, that is hurdle #1.  Building stuff from scratch can take a while for a 3d modeler hobbyist...

• Like 1

I have been printing on a printer I designed and built from scratch.  I used to teach engineering and used 3d software.  Now I model and develop for myself as a hobby.  I have done some overflow screens and such, but most of what I do is for drones and planes.

4xs.jpg

5xs.jpg

20180224_133501.jpg

20170404_132655.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fisher15 said:

I have been printing on a printer I designed and built from scratch.  I used to teach engineering and used 3d software.  Now I model and develop for myself as a hobby.  I have done some overflow screens and such, but most of what I do is for drones and planes.

4xs.jpg

5xs.jpg

20180224_133501.jpg

20170404_132655.jpg

Pretty sweet stuff man

3 hours ago, danlu_gt said:

Nicely done.  Which 3D printer did you end up getting?

Thanks!  I picked up the Monoprice mini delta for auto leveling, heated bed and ease of use.  But most of all price, such a good deal.The build envelope is pretty small though, cannot assist in printing reefi enclosures ;)

• Like 1

Cool stuff, have you thought of selling these on shapeways? I bought a printed viewfinder for one of my cameras from them. From my understanding the seller just uploads to shapeways and then they print it and ship it to the buyer. 

This was news to me that people are doing this.

Edited by xmas_one

3 hours ago, xmas_one said:

Cool stuff, have you thought of selling these on shapeways? I bought a printed viewfinder for one of my cameras from them. From my understanding the seller just uploads to shapeways and then they print it and ship it to the buyer. 

This was news to me that people are doing this.

Thanks for the tip!  I am on the 7th revision and feel like these could be quite useful for people.  Will check it out.