marine depot

PhycoPure SeaPro: The First Living Frozen Phytoplankton!

DSC_0034-300x200.jpg

AlgaGen’s Erik Stenn Tells Us Why We Should Feed PhycoPure SeaPro, The First Living Frozen Phytoplankton, To Our Reef Tanks—And Teases More Live Frozen Foods May Be Coming

PhycoPure SeaPro is a live algae culture delivered to you in “suspended animation.” Once thawed, the phytoplankton instantly become alive in your reef tank! Phytoplankton is a vital part of the food chain.

read_more.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By NateDawg
      Has anybody on here ever grown there own phytoplankton before? I just built a phytoplankton growing station and I've got everything all ready except I'm not sure what to use as fertilizer, I keep seeing something named f/2 which is a specific for marine algae fertilizer. I also see people using miracle grow, not something I would do personally as I don't know the exact ingredients, but some reefers on forums say it's bad because of heavy metals, mainly copper. While doing research I found two separate formulas for the f/2 fertilizer that everyone says to use and both contain copper sulfate?!? That to me seems like that last thing I'd want to put in my tank.... with that being said, anyone know of something different to use as the fertilizer? I was almost thinking of trying a mix of potassium nitrate and some other stuff that would be already used to dose tanks with. I'll attach the formula for the fertilizer that everyone seems to be suggesting to use.
      f_2_medium.pdf