Looking for advice on RVs Who has them?

Emerald525

19 minutes ago, TheClark said:

Yes!  Thanks to irv2, I had some insider knowledge before our road trip last year.  Rumor on that forum was that the generator on my RV stops in hot weather.  I gathered all the parts for the fix 'just in case' before the trip. 

Wouldn't you know it, the forum was right.  I found myself crawling around under the RV somewhere in Montana installing a booster fuel pump. Saved the trip.

Love me them forumz... :)

Yeah I have heard of these forum.. I hear there are even people who spend all day talking about fish tanks ! :nutty:

On a serious note that’s some great insider information ! Way to be prepared!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2018 at 9:06 AM, wegotjs said:

I will help you spend some money Kim, lets go mobile home shopping......

And yes you did!! We looked at a lot of trailers and did a lot of research. At first we were looking at the Rpods but fell in love with the Micro Minnie’s. We got the 2108 DS model with the Murphy bed and we love it! In doing research these are fairly well made compared to some other trailers. So excited !!!

:YayWave:

Thanks for all the great advice !! Who wants to go camping ?!!!

2E8C3C1D-2E9A-49BB-934E-CAAF9EC1F134.jpegAF08A9D4-A7AE-4843-B458-E0645FA404C1.jpeg

• Like 4

I have towed everything from boats to small utility trailers to large semi trailers.  My advice is to borrow someones small trailer and get a hang for

which way to turn to get the trailer to go the way you want.  Try to remember that when you back a trailer it is the same thing as pushing it from the front yourself.

The larger the trailer the easier it is to back because they simply move much slower.  If you went from a 12' utility trailer to a 22' trailer you would find that it simply did

not turn as fast and you just start your turn earlier.  If you want to borrow a small utility trailer let me know and I would be happy to let you play with it until you felt secure.

Good luck,..... we have a 38' motorhome and enjoy it.  We tow a small Geo Tracker behind it and cannot feel it at all.  Let me know if you want to back a small trailer around.

The key is go slow at first simply pull forward and start over when it goes too far the wrong way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sroberts said:

I have towed everything from boats to small utility trailers to large semi trailers.  My advice is to borrow someones small trailer and get a hang for

which way to turn to get the trailer to go the way you want.  Try to remember that when you back a trailer it is the same thing as pushing it from the front yourself.

The larger the trailer the easier it is to back because they simply move much slower.  If you went from a 12' utility trailer to a 22' trailer you would find that it simply did

not turn as fast and you just start your turn earlier.  If you want to borrow a small utility trailer let me know and I would be happy to let you play with it until you felt secure.

Good luck,..... we have a 38' motorhome and enjoy it.  We tow a small Geo Tracker behind it and cannot feel it at all.  Let me know if you want to back a small trailer around.

The key is go slow at first simply pull forward and start over when it goes too far the wrong way.

Thanks for the offer! One of the things I love about this place is there are so many people willing to help.  In buying this trailer things wouldn’t have gone nearly as smoothly without all of your help. We did get a trailer to practice with and it helped ! 

Sirena backed up the trailer in one try!! Your motor home sounds awesome . Do you have pictures ?

56669748-250C-4B38-8EAC-79CF5CEDADC7.jpeg

• Like 1

Good to hear and was going to say there is no pull through at your place :laugh: I have had boats for years and hate using my mirrors.........not sure what it is but hate backing up that way.

Good luck with the adventures to come............

29 minutes ago, spectra said:

Good to hear and was going to say there is no pull through at your place :laugh: I have had boats for years and hate using my mirrors.........not sure what it is but hate backing up that way.

Good luck with the adventures to come............

Boats are trickier. She actually found the bigger trailer easier to back in than the little trailer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Boats are trickier. She actually found the bigger trailer easier to back in than the little trailer.

Yes but what helps is the duel axles on the trailer........

I have had jet skis with a single axle and there squirrely as hell.......my double axle is easy peasy doesn't wander from side to side at all when backing. Hell just go slow or is there such a thing :laugh: like you said before people backing truck trailers in while traffic is waiting.........same thing at the boat ramp there is always a line and I don't want to be that guy ;)

• 1 month later...

Nice trailer! Winnebago is a good quality trailer. I was a truck driver for 40 years ( retired in July, went to work part time delivering trucks for Peterbilt in Oct) if the trailer starts to sway DONT step on the brake pedal, use the trailer brake controller & apply it it ever so slightly & it will stop the trailer from swaying. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, albertareef said:

Looks like a pretty good job from that pic!  Glad you were able to get it out there for it's maiden voyage.  Hope you had fun!

Had a blast !

31 minutes ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Perfect!
Way to back that azz up!!!
Glad all that training/practice paid off! So nice to see my students doing well... emoji4.png
Great job, you two!

Btw, that's a badazz trailer!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks we love the trailer !!

• Like 1