Just found out Alexa can control Ecotech

Higher Thinking

It's a pretty limited use, just three commands that I know of. You can have Alexa put your pumps in feed mode, turn your lights off (can't seem to turn them on when they're not scheduled to be on), and return your lights to current schedule. Pretty nifty. Hoping they expand on commands. I'd like to be able to voice command to turn the lights to a given Kelvin value.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Super cool!

APEX has some cool hooks to.

I signed up for the Alexa beta on R2R for apex.  Found it tough to remember all the right things to say though.  Should give it another chance.

SmartThings supports APEX too.

https://github.com/jamesandariese/SmartThingsNeptuneApex

Besides smartthings support, this allows you to tie it into IFTT etc.  Pretty cool, automation is a big thing and changing everything.

Too fun, thanks for sharing!

Crazy. This is one of the areas that kind of exploded since I last was in the hobby.  The level of integration and remote control has really gotten so much more advanced in the last 10 years that I haven't even begun to catch up.  Might be interesting to create a control/integration tips/tricks section at some point but probably too platform specific to be generally useful.  What do you guys think?