What are your other hobbies?

Taylorhardy1

Wondering what you all do for fun outside of the aquarium world? 

I go skiing as much as I possibly can. Growing up I was actually a pretty good freeskier, was sponsored by monster energy, spy optics, and fuel outerwear for a few years. Had an unfortunate bmx accident on my 16th birthday that resulted in a traumatic brain injury. Most all my sponsors dropped me within 2 weeks of leaving the hospital, and by the time I could ski again I was terrified of another tbi and substantially slowed it down. In fact today was supposed to be the first time I was going to go skiing and ride park in over 2 years! Unfortunately got called into work, to seemingly handle a 15 minute rush this morning😤 FB_IMG_1519062051511.jpg.8653734527ecb6280a2851dbf2504ce8.jpgFB_IMG_1519062058221.jpg.d2a30d49eeda84614d8bb938858bfa66.jpganyways, I'm also a car guy! I love Audi's more than anything, but the fd rx7 will always have a special place in my heart. I used to own a single turbo car, made 522whp on wastegate pressure! FB_IMG_1519062119355.jpg.a35ffe9932ddb7b1de9c88128fd44aaf.jpgEventually I scared myself to the point I was convinced that car would kill me, and sold it to another enthusiast back in Utah! I currently own a nogaro b5 s4, built a silver one with my dad in high school and fell in love with the chassis. Ended up parting out that car to buy my nogaro car, and finish the rx7 build. Sometimes the cars I get to work on make my job feel more like a hobby. FB_IMG_1519062112446.jpg.f344fc03a9edce75c87809428094778c.jpgFB_IMG_1519062128281.thumb.jpg.9ba6e35adaf01448af125061a8bb8484.jpgFB_IMG_1519062143683.thumb.jpg.fd4de8c21d193d494b393b9a4939adcb.jpg

What do you all do for fun outside of your aquarium?

• Like 4

If I’m not reefing I’m prolly bowling. Me and the wifey currently in the process of purchasing our own center. Bowling, pool, whisky/beer, reefing ,,,,,,   All in one place. That’s the goal, then it won’t seem like work. Lol. A nice tank in a bowling alley is gonna be cool I think. 

• Like 6

Just now, Zoolander said:

Single turbo 13b re with a street port probably. Debating bridgeport but will see how building goes. Still need to build the subframe so it's a ways out. 

I found na miata 13b subframes once upon a time. Do you have the keg yet? If I were building a track dedicated rotary car I would personally go na peripheral port rew. I've got a buddy back in Utah with an pp rew swapped rx8 that makes 440rwhp na. Revs to 11k too. That car is nuts. 

11 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Wow that’s really cool! Skiing is one thing that looks like fun but I tried it once and just wasn’t for me.  There are a lot of car guys on here.  

Skiing definitely isn't for everyone, but that's what they invented snowboarding for right? 😉

1 minute ago, Trailermann said:

I used to be a devout believer in "he who dies with the most toys, wins" but hospital visits cured me.

Now fly fishing, alpine skiing, scuba, auto restoration, white water rafting and of course watching my aquarium's alkalinity bounce up and down.

Ive definitely slowed down a ton over the last year. I've obsessed over my aquarium that entire time, so I fully blame it. But it's not all bad. I just swore I'd get back into the things I enjoyed as a kid again this year, and escape from the daily routine. I'm too young to slow down as much as I have, I mean I've only got maybe 5-10 more years of being able to still bounce back from the hard falls.😂

• Haha 1

Wait a second... someone has time for a hobby besides this?  I envy you.  Interestingly, @Taylorhardy1 in addition to the B5 S4 Avant that you know I have, I used to have two different second gen RX7s - one GXL coupe and a convertible.  Nothing overly radical though.  I always wanted to put that Rx8 motor into a miata but never enough time/money for that. Looked into trying to do a turbo conversion on the convertible to make it Japanese spec but Pineapple Racing never got back to me and I couldn't pull it off myself at the time.  I will leave it to you and Richard @Zoolander to sort that stuff out these days.  Maybe just give me a ride when you are done :EvilGrin:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Higher Thinking said:

MMA, Jiu Jitsu, and snowboarding. Hoping my body doesn't break down before my spirit. emoji16.pngemoji16.pnga3429e211355ca84a84e149424271513.jpg896053d9912f5b8934a3ff9384e1ca33.jpg0e3c1b9ebb8d1379d9b5a37ab4366d8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Remind me not to try and poach any auction items from you...

Seriously though, don't know how you all manage to have time for the hobbies on top of hobbies - I am obviously doing something wrong :sad:

• Like 2