March meeting at Holly's!

Gil&Fin

3 hours ago, Gil&Fin said:

It's almost here!  Sunday at 2 pm.  It's going to be a blast.  I know a lot of you have already been here so you know your way around.  Feel free to use the front door, the door by the upstairs garage, or the aquarium room door.  We're having sandwiches and chips.  Feel free to bring some snacks/sides/desserts to share, but we'll have plenty so don't worry if you don't get around to it.

I've heard from a couple of newer members who aren't sure "if they're invited."  Heck yeah!  There will be a lot of people who know each other, a lot of people who know of each other, and a lot of people who know no one.  Everyone is welcome!  We'll have nametags, so make sure you grab one.

I've also been asked if I'll be having one of my $10 sales.  I have lots of $10 frags for sale, but since my focus will be on the meeting I might be recruiting a few friends to help out if people want to go home with a couple of things.  We'll have to see how that works out.

I am really looking forward to Bert's presentation.  He is a fountain of information and I understand he'll have some visual aids.  There are some amazing raffle prizes and proceeds benefit the club so plan on having some fun.  Don't miss it!

Shoot me a PM if you need the address.  See you all Sunday!

Definitely getting excited for this!  Sounds like I might have to do some more bagging :D

Would be great to see some of the new members make it there as this should be an excellent opportunity to meet with a lot of fellow reefers plus hear some words of wisdom on hitchhikers from none other than our VP and resident critter expert Robert (badxgillen), grab some tasty snacks, check out Holly's killer fishroom and QT operation as well as have the opportunity to win some awesome raffle prizes!  Events at Holly's are always a blast so if you can swing it you should definitely come!

• Like 1

TODAY'S THE DAY!  See you all at my house at 2 p.m.  Message me for the address.  Can't wait!

Can’t wait to come and take a look at your tank again there Holly, this time I’ll be bringing my wife and my daughter ,I hope it’s OK they love the corals just as much as I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Kevman said:

Can’t wait to come and take a look at your tank again there Holly, this time I’ll be bringing my wife and my daughter ,I hope it’s OK they love the corals just as much as I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most definitely!

Thanks everyone for making it out to the meeting.  I saw a lot of familiar faces, and met a few new reefers, too.  I want to thank everyone who helped out -- I can't even begin to name names.   There is so much that goes in to these meetings that it takes a village, as they say.  The officers/board members are amazing and we work so smoothly together now that we just fill in the gaps naturally.  There are so many other people who just stepped in and helped out when they saw something needed to be done.  It is so appreciated. 

I want to give a personal shout out to Kate, @Flash21 Chris's wife, who not only came early to help out, but did not leave until everything was picked up and she had vacuumed the whole house.  Oh and Chris helped too.  : )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

Thanks everyone for making it out to the meeting.  I saw a lot of familiar faces, and met a few new reefers, too.  I want to thank everyone who helped out -- I can't even begin to name names.   There is so much that goes in to these meetings that it takes a village, as they say.  The officers/board members are amazing and we work so smoothly together now that we just fill in the gaps naturally.  There are so many other people who just stepped in and helped out when they saw something needed to be done.  It is so appreciated. 

I want to give a personal shout out to Kate, @Flash21 Chris's wife, who not only came early to help out, but did not leave until everything was picked up and she had vacuumed the whole house.  Oh and Chris helped too.  : )

Chris just carried the vacuum upstairs :laugh: 

• Like 1

Um one...............that half a corona wasn't mine I wouldn't do that to a beer [emoji23]
Uhhhh... That may have been mine, sorry. I normally pound it down when I have to leave in a hurry. Had to leave unexpectedly, sooner than I wanted (text from wifey, problem with one of our residents/patients). Anywho, all is copacetic.

Thank you, Holl's!
Again, another great meeting with a bunch of addicted people, love it!

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coors light! [emoji481]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Newreefer02 said:

I'm still in shock that I won 2 of the raffle prizes! My wife already has the spot picked out for the little tank! It was nice meeting everyone in person today! I hope to start attending regularly now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congrats and good to meet you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newreefer02 said:

I'm still in shock that I won 2 of the raffle prizes! My wife already has the spot picked out for the little tank! It was nice meeting everyone in person today! I hope to start attending regularly now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congrats!  Pretty nice way to start off - enjoy your pico and doser and hopefully see you at the next meeting. 

Edit- I really hate autocorrect sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Uhhhh... That may have been mine, sorry. I normally pound it down when I have to leave in a hurry.

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coors light! emoji481.png

Wait you drink the cheap stuff at home but the expensive stuff when its free...................:laugh: 

Sorry had to...........hopefully all turned out ok and will see you next time ;)

• Like 2

Wait you drink the cheap stuff at home but the expensive stuff when its free...................[emoji23] 

Sorry had to...........hopefully all turned out ok and will see you next time [emoji6]
Haha, yeah!

Everything is fine at home. Thanks!

Hope you get your corals back.

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coors light! [emoji481]