MACNA 2018 Las Vegas

R-3

13 hours ago, R-3 said:

Sweet guys! Looks like there will be a solid group. Is everyone staying at the Westgate? Seems like a nice hotel, but I have never been there.

I am.  Convenient and good price.  Plus, I've never been downtown and it is much easier to access than from the strip.  

3 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

I am.  Convenient and good price.  Plus, I've never been downtown and it is much easier to access than from the strip.  

I prefer Fremont over the strip. Just more good ol' fun down there. I do like the idea however of everything being at the Westgate. Pretty centrally located also. Its 3.5 miles from the Airport and 3.5 miles to Fremont. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, R-3 said:

I prefer Fremont over the strip. Just more good ol' fun down there. I do like the idea however of everything being at the Westgate. Pretty centrally located also. Its 3.5 miles from the Airport and 3.5 miles to Fremont. 

I prefer the main strip. Downtown can get a little shady in the evening if you venture off Fremont..:shock: Although the Stratosphere has some good deals I usually stay in Excalibur because it’s cheap and has a poker room and it’s interconnected with Luxor (also good poker room) New York  New York and  Mandalay Bay.  There’s a shuttle too. 

Also sometimes stay at the Cosmopolitan because of my time share and it’s also a good location walking distance to the Bellagio. Cosmo buffet is one of my favorites too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emerald525 said:

I prefer the main strip. Downtown can get a little shady in the evening if you venture off Fremont..:shock: Although the Stratosphere has some good deals I usually stay in Excalibur because it’s cheap and has a poker room and it’s interconnected with Luxor (also good poker room) New York  New York and  Mandalay Bay.  There’s a shuttle too. 

Also sometimes stay at the Cosmopolitan because of my time share and it’s also a good location walking distance to the Bellagio. Cosmo buffet is one of my favorites too.

Don't be a wimp...shady people are fun!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, R-3 said:

Don't be a wimp...shady people are fun!

Sure if you’re in a group! Not so much at 2am.😬 alone. Oh the shark exhibit is cool at Golden Nugget by the way. It’s built into the swimming area!  You get to swim with sharks in a safe way!

The Mandalay Bay shark exhibit overrated in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Sure if you’re in a group! Not so much at 2am.😬 alone. Oh the shark exhibit is cool at Golden Nugget by the way. It’s built into the swimming area!  You get to swim with sharks in a safe way!

True...true. The more and more we talk about this trip the more excited I am. Should be a good time. 

• Like 1

Sure if you’re in a group! Not so much at 2am.[emoji51] alone. Oh the shark exhibit is cool at Golden Nugget by the way. It’s built into the swimming area!  You get to swim with sharks in a safe way!

Shark exhibit?? Swim with sharks?? I wanna go visit that hotel while there! I’ve never been to Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Krux said:

I may fly in for one day, that is a terrible weekend at work.  Will let you know if it ends up happening, maybe we can grab a drink!

Sweet! You still working for Adidas?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krux said:

Nope, college food service director now... good memory though!

Yeah not sure why that stuck. Im sure ill see you before then but Vegas is looking like some fun in September! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is a summary from the thread.  If anyone wants to add/change info, let me know and I'll edit this post to keep it updated.

Holly (me) - Westgate, Thurs thru Sat

Ryan [mention=12898]R-3[/mention] - Westgate

Kim [mention=13751]Emerald525[/mention] and Sirena [mention=15679]Sirena[/mention]  -  Thurs thru Mon, Excalibur on the strip

Jeff [mention=15008]CuttleFishandCoral[/mention]

Dodge [mention=15315]Optimusprime3605[/mention]

Chris [mention=16227]Sharklover[/mention] and Shawn [mention=16233]DarkAngel[/mention] - Westgate, Wed thru Sun

Nancy [mention=14231]ninkylou[/mention] - Westgate, Wed thru ?

Steve [mention=15424]sroberts[/mention] - won a pass

Scott [mention=15428]PetVet[/mention] - won a pass, Westgate, Wed thru Sun

Scott [mention=13132]spectra[/mention] - definitely maybe

Brian [mention=16179]pdxmonkeyboy[/mention] - maybe

Ryan [mention=13168]Krux[/mention] - maybe

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

Here is a summary from the thread.  If anyone wants to add/change info, let me know and I'll edit this post to keep it updated.

Ryan @R-3 - Westgate

Kim @Emerald525 and Sirena @Sirena  -  ? thru Mon, staying somewhere on the strip

Jeff @CuttleFishandCoral

Dodge @Optimusprime3605

Chris @Sharklover and Shawn @DarkAngel - Thurs thru Sun

@ninkylou - Westgate, Wed thru ?

Scott @spectra - maybe

Brian @pdxmonkeyboy - maybe

Ryan @Krux - maybe

Thanks Holly - now I know for sure who all to be jealous of 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gil&Fin said:

Ryan @R-3 - Westgate

Kim @Emerald525 and Sirena @Sirena  -  ? thru Mon, staying somewhere on the strip

Jeff @CuttleFishandCoral

Dodge @Optimusprime3605

Chris @Sharklover and Shawn @DarkAngel - Thurs thru Sun

@ninkylou - Westgate, Wed thru ?

Scott @spectra - maybe

Brian @pdxmonkeyboy - maybe

Ryan @Krux - maybe

We will be there Sep 6 through 10 staying at the Excalibur.

The winners of the free passes were Petvet and Sroberts so I imagine they will be there too.

Want to go.................but making plans yeah right :laugh: my schedule changes daily...............need to look into it a little more I guess.............

Looks like the westgate is the place to be............Hell Holly and R3 well [language filter] toss me in and I am sure we could do some damage........oh wait have some fun :laugh:

1 minute ago, spectra said:

Want to go.................but making plans yeah right :laugh: my schedule changes daily...............need to look into it a little more I guess.............

Looks like the westgate is the place to be............Hell Holly and R3 well [language filter] toss me in and I am sure we could do some damage........oh wait have some fun :laugh:

You can do it!! Lol