Reset up new

talkalot82

All my life my dad has had this 90 gallon acrylic tank. So 35 plus years. It was always a close tank. But it started leaking and he needed a new one.

So I convinced him to go with a built-in overflow. Sump with four sections. So now we'll be able to install his skimmer inside the sump instead of hanging on the back. Add live rocks in the sump, have his filtration in the sump and then have the return pump in the sump of course.

So today we took apart his stand. Put the 3 ft sump in. We resealed his new glass tank.(We got it used).  we cleaned it too. Looks new. His sump was used too. Had looked horrible. But clear again now.

We put in two bulk heads. Added pcv. And we put the pump in the sump.

Tomorrow when it's all 24-hour dry. We can take down his bad tank that he has up now. And get the other tank and it's spot... and hose connect intake and outs. Yeah. 

Pray for no leaks.....

No pics yet but tomorrow we break it down. The old tank.  We resealed the tank.  And got it all plumbed. So we are set to move.  Cut hole in stand. We put sump under stand. Good time too be ready to go.  If I didn't have to buy a new car yesterday 2 hours away from home I think it would be going now.