River City Corals

Need to borriw Glass suction cups

Anyone local have done glass suction cups to help move a large tank. My display is sold and being picked up Sunday. 4  would be great   Let me know thanks 

Whatever you do, don’t use those cheap $20 ones that claim to hold like 400 lbs per handle. Rent the ones you can pump and has a suction gauge. I learned the hard way with Jorge’s tank lol 

I have a pair but I’m down in Albany...

6 hours ago, mrk13p said:

Whatever you do, don’t use those cheap $20 ones that claim to hold like 400 lbs per handle. Rent the ones you can pump and has a suction gauge. I learned the hard way with Jorge’s tank lol 

That sounds like a bad day right there :shock:

I've suggested the club get at least one pair. They save backs!

6 minutes ago, Jorge said:

I've suggested the club get at least one pair. They save backs!

I am in support of saving backs! How much are they? Seems like a handy thing to provide to our members !

• Like 2

I rented at interstate rentals in Portland and they were about $15 each per day. 

7 minutes ago, Jorge said:

Hmm.  75lb capacity each so probably would want at least 4 of them for a combination of weight and hand holds yeah?  What does a red sea 650 peninsula weigh... seems like that is our new standard these days :D

• Like 1

Too bad I did not have more noticed.  I could have picked up from our shop in wilsonville.  

Best of luck Brian 

25 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Hmm.  75lb capacity each so probably would want at least 4 of them for a combination of weight and hand holds yeah?  What does a red sea 650 peninsula weigh... seems like that is our new standard these days :D

Prob best to be safe and get the 9 inch ones. Those have a 150 lb/ handle capacity 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrk13p said:

Prob best to be safe and get the 9 inch ones. Those have a 150 lb/ handle capacity 

That makes more sense as it would be best to have a significant margin of error.  Probably still want at least 4 for sufficient hand holds I would think.

I personally would do 4 of the 75lbs so two sets or 2 of the 150s 1 set. With 4 you can distribute the weight being lifted to multiple spots. Thats just my opinion though. All comes down to the club's budget.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jorge said:

I personally would do 4 of the 75lbs so two sets or 2 of the 150s 1 set. With 4 you can distribute the weight being lifted to multiple spots. Thats just my opinion though. All comes down to the club's budget.

I thought you were donating these along with your muscles !😉 I posted this up in the board forum. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

I thought you were donating these along with your muscles !😉 I posted this up in the board forum. 

I will rent those out as well!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

yes.. the harbor freight ones should be called the tank breakers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They were a godsend when we were moving your beast of a tank Brian, absolutely worth every penny!

i borrowed them from another member. doesnt feel right just passing his info along.

the club should look into having two pairs on hand. they really do work well..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk