Flatworms

Flash21

Just noticed some Flatworms in my tank.  

So I took out some corals dipped them...placed back in the tank.  

Whats your guys thoughts? How should I approach this? 

FlatWorm X? Followed by 50%water changes? 

Wrasse? Keep in mind this is a 25 Lagoon. 

Thanks. Chris 

10/10 recommend flat work exit. I used it probably a year ago when I saw some flatworms and it wiped them out. I dosed way more than needed and let it sit a little longer than you’re told too. But the stuff doesn’t hurt corals. Only the toxins released from the dying worms.

So if you go that route I would recommend dipping as many individual piece first to remove as many possible worms. Then dose the whole tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Cody.  
Was looking at Wife’s tank and noticed some in hers too! She has a Sea Apple will there be any effect on that? If so I might have to get that outta the tank before dosing.  

I’m sure Upscales as the Flat Exit. 

Not sure if it will affect the Sea Apple. Another option is Velvet Nudis if you want to go the natural route.

If he doesn’t have it, you can get it on amazon.

Salifert Flatworm eXit Aquarium Treatment - 10ml/300 Gallons https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EJFKN8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7VoFAb4PZMVG4

Brian is right, when I overdose it I make sure to add an air stone.

The velvet nudis only eat flatworms so when they are all gone the velvets will die.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally broke down and dosed Wife’s tank...success! All critters seem happy. Sea Apple has went through 3 tank upgrades and now this so IT is 💪🏿!  I dosed 25 drops then after 40ish mins while waiting by tank sucked them up as I saw them.   Added another 10 drops...followed by sucking them up. 

All together I took out 10 gallons of water.  Replaced it all...followed by heavy carbon for 4 hours and then took out and added Chemi Pure! 

Tomorrow I will do my tank! 

• Like 2

Did my tank this morning... With much success. 

I only saw one in my tank...I repeated same as when I did the wife’s tank.  (I think between my fairy and mal wrasse they helped out?)

Her Sea Apple seems to be doing just fine and I would recommend this product to anyone with a flatworm problem! Just have a straw hooked up to a piece of tubing to suck them up as you see them. 

Crappy Pic but a top down view as I had all pumps off. 

442CBA8B-8CCB-48EA-B029-73C6025CE484.jpeg

• Like 1

I used this product on my old tank and it worked great. Only suggestion is to dose another 2 rounds about a week apart starting in a week or two. I had a resurgence after my initial dose and they grew back quite fast. Re treated followed by the two subsequent doses to hit any scragglers and haven't had any in a couple of years. The good thing about the follow up doses is you rarely see any die so no worry of the toxins like the initial dose. Any idea if this works on AEFW?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Willapa said:

I used this product on my old tank and it worked great. Only suggestion is to dose another 2 rounds about a week apart starting in a week or two. I had a resurgence after my initial dose and they grew back quite fast. Re treated followed by the two subsequent doses to hit any scragglers and haven't had any in a couple of years. The good thing about the follow up doses is you rarely see any die so no worry of the toxins like the initial dose. Any idea if this works on AEFW?

I was planning to dose both tanks in two weeks just Incase.  In the wife’s tank I sucked up over 100! Mine a whopping 1!