marine depot

Tunze Fan Club: Top Picks We Know You'll ❤

I signed out of the Tunze fan club when I had to drop $70 for a replacement impeller for my 1073.050.

12 hours ago, xmas_one said:

I signed out of the Tunze fan club when I had to drop $70 for a replacement impeller for my 1073.050.

Yikes. What happened? How long was it in operation before you had to replace it? That's generally a very reliable model. That is a lot for an impeller.

I shut it off to do a water change and it wouldn’t turn back on afterwards. I opened it up and the plastic covering the impeller was all cracked with rust all over the impeller magnet. I’m convinced this is why I had recently lost a bunch of SPS. Only place I could get a replacement was from the Tunze USA rep, it actually cost more than what I got it for, but he gave me a deal.

I probably have about 2 years of use on it, I bought it secondhand and it and box and everything looked brand new. The guy said he only used it for a couple months.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, xmas_one said:

I shut it off to do a water change and it wouldn’t turn back on afterwards. I opened it up and the plastic covering the impeller was all cracked with rust all over the impeller magnet. I’m convinced this is why I had recently lost a bunch of SPS. Only place I could get a replacement was from the Tunze USA rep, it actually cost more than what I got it for, but he gave me a deal.

I probably have about 2 years of use on it, I bought it secondhand and it and box and everything looked brand new. The guy said he only used it for a couple months.

Wow sorry to hear about your experience. I have always had great luck with Tunze pumps. I have a Nano pump that I started on a nuvo and then use it for salt mixing and it just keeps going strong.

• Like 2

@marine depot it is really nice how you read and respond to posts.  Thanks for participating and sharing info.

@xmas_one, thanks for sharing your experience too, good stuff to be aware of!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1