Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gil&Fin

Club Meeting Topic Poll

Meeting Topics  

19 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What topics interest you for upcoming club meetings? (Choose one or more)

    • Choosing Healthy Fish
    • Aquascaping
    • Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
    • Hitchhikers and Pests
    • Inverts
    • Quarantining
    • Other (comment below)

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/2018 at 04:00 PM

Recommended Posts

I threw out some ideas, but feel free to add ones here in the thread.  Poll closes after this weekend.  Thanks for the feedback!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted inverts since they, as a whole, can be overlooked when setting up a tank despite their importance to a good "ecosystem". (I feel lonely)   That said, the pests and hitchhikers might be a timely topic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of these are good topics for the club! I could see members being really into the pest/hitchhiker discussion, and I agree inverts don't get the attention they deserve, so those are my picks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not so much a topic but has the club ever done or thought about throwing an aquarium garage sale? I know a lot of us have a lots of extra stuff that would nice to get rid of. Plus score browning point with the spouse. :)

Another idea that would cool is have a panel of experts (like the ones at the Christmas party that was able to complete those advanced trivia sheets). Then allow us to ask them specific questions about our own systems. We could limit the # of questions per person on the # of folks attending.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HenryLimpet said:

Not so much a topic but has the club ever done or thought about throwing an aquarium garage sale? I know a lot of us have a lots of extra stuff that would nice to get rid of. Plus score browning point with the spouse. :)

Another idea that would cool is have a panel of experts (like the ones at the Christmas party that was able to complete those advanced trivia sheets). Then allow us to ask them specific questions about our own systems. We could limit the # of questions per person on the # of folks attending.

Thanks for the feedback, @HenryLimpet!  We actually did do a garage sale in conjunction with the summer picnic last year at Kim's house, though I don't think we pushed it too hard.  We might be able to work it in at a future meeting though.  The panel idea is good, too.  It might be interesting to see how different experts handle different problems.  You know what they say...ask 10 reefers how to do something and you'll get 12 different answers.  :joking:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

Thanks for the feedback, @HenryLimpet!  We actually did do a garage sale in conjunction with the summer picnic last year at Kim's house, though I don't think we pushed it too hard.  We might be able to work it in at a future meeting though.  The panel idea is good, too.  It might be interesting to see how different experts handle different problems.  You know what they say...ask 10 reefers how to do something and you'll get 12 different answers.  :joking:

Yeah - we tried to do the garage sale thing as part of the summer BBQ but I don't think anyone ended up bringing anything.  Seems like a good idea but didn't pan out for whatever reason (maybe advertising?)

Haha - yeah, I am pretty sure you would get a number of answers at least equal to the panel participants involved... one of the more entertaining aspects of this hobby!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not so much a topic but has the club ever done or thought about throwing an aquarium garage sale? I know a lot of us have a lots of extra stuff that would nice to get rid of. Plus score browning point with the spouse.
Another idea that would cool is have a panel of experts (like the ones at the Christmas party that was able to complete those advanced trivia sheets). Then allow us to ask them specific questions about our own systems. We could limit the # of questions per person on the # of folks attending.


I would imagine most of us would end up leaving a garage sale with the same amount of equipment/tanks... just new to us equipment.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have often thought of teaching people how to make acrylic tanks... while building someone a tank. But it would take 4 hours mimimum

 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I have often thought of teaching people how to make acrylic tanks... while building someone a tank. But it would take 4 hours mimimum

 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

More of a "workshop"...interesting idea.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gil&Fin said:

More of a "workshop"...interesting idea.  

Daniel (Danlu)talked about doing a workshop on making an ATS a while back.  There was some interest but I don't think it ever came together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great feedback, everyone.  Bumping this to the top.  Last day to vote/comment.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×