Golden basket overload

Fisher15

The thing is he's selling corals under auction format so it gets really messy when you try to have people bidding on a half dozen corals on one thread and things tend to just get jumbled. I think instead of giving gb a sub forum, it would be better to just add a new forum under classifieds just for auctions.

Edited by Taylorhardy1
  • Like 2

Good feedback.  I have been wondering if there is possibly a better way to facilitate this activity as I think it is great for the club to have access to some exclusive auctions (especially for those of us who don't frequent other platforms) but it would be nice to find a way to help keep it organized.  I will post something in the officers forum and reference this thread to see if we can come up with something that might work better for everyone.  In the meantime... I am going to enjoy the opportunity to snag some awesome frags while I can :D

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Good feedback.  I have been wondering if there is possibly a better way to facilitate this activity as I think it is great for the club to have access to some exclusive auctions (especially for those of us who don't frequent other platforms) but it would be nice to find a way to help keep it organized.  I will post something in the officers forum and reference this thread to see if we can come up with something that might work better for everyone.  In the meantime... I am going to enjoy the opportunity to snag some awesome frags while I can :D

Actually... @Gil&Fin already started this discussion on the officer/board forum (that's what I get for starting to read posts from the top) so stay tuned!

I totally get why it seems flooded, and I agree there is probably a way to fix it. [emoji4] but it’s super nice having access to sweet deals that outsiders don’t. Helps keep pricing down for locals. So in reality, Rudy is doing everyone a favor lol.

And I would be interested to see any solutions that come up. If we find a solid way to do this that helps keep thing “clean” I would consider posting my own auction also [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Paratore said:

I totally get why it seems flooded, and I agree there is probably a way to fix it. emoji4.png but it’s super nice having access to sweet deals that outsiders don’t. Helps keep pricing down for locals. So in reality, Rudy is doing everyone a favor lol.

And I would be interested to see any solutions that come up. If we find a solid way to do this that helps keep thing “clean” I would consider posting my own auction also emoji4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is good info to have as well.  I would agree that anything that provides a benefit to club members and sponsors (and I think access to local auctions does) is something we should try and find a way to support so hopefully our crack technical support team can offer some organizational solutions.

• Like 3

Thanks for the input everyone. I’m not an IT person. I agree I think it is great for the local members to have access to these auctions without competing with the entire national Facebook market but the formatting needs to be different so that it’s not filling the entire forum with classifieds. This is the reason we only allow one classified post per member at a time. Both excellent points on both sides.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting up this thread there was great feedback. TheClark (whose real name is Jeremy by the way) our admin wiz kid made some changes and it looks better to me already. In a few hours he made some format adjustments and it should work better for everyone! Thanks again Jeremy! :clap:

• Like 1

I was just griping about this yesterday, as the place began to look like Rudy's personal Auction house. Glad to see the adjustment looks much better! Though if there is a way to adjust the amount of Sponsor & regular topics,  Sponsors post less frequently, so it wouldn't hurt to have the majority on the front page regular posts rather than 1/2 & 1/2 Either way I'm satisfied with the changes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Exodus said:

I was just griping about this yesterday, as the place began to look like Rudy's personal Auction house. Glad to see the adjustment looks much better! Though if there is a way to adjust the amount of Sponsor & regular topics,  Sponsors post less frequently, so it wouldn't hurt to have the majority on the front page regular posts rather than 1/2 & 1/2 Either way I'm satisfied with the changes.

This is a good point - I wonder if we can control the number of topics that show for each section so we can bias toward one or the other.  @TheClark do you happen to know the answer to that?  Sounds like we are having to define the feeds so maybe we have some flexibility with the display options?  If you want to let me know what plugin we are using I could try and research that (in all my spare time).

Just now, albertareef said:

This is a good point - I wonder if we can control the number of topics that show for each section so we can bias toward one or the other.  @TheClark do you happen to know the answer to that?  Sounds like we are having to define the feeds so maybe we have some flexibility with the display options?  If you want to let me know what plugin we are using I could try and research that (in all my spare time).

We have some options there, the BOD can sort it out and just let me know.  Sound good?

32 minutes ago, Newreefer02 said:

Wait.... I'm confused! Where do I find these auctions from here on out? I don't wanna miss his amazing looking stuff!

When you're on the homepage, you'll first see a list of recent topics that are non-sponsor related. Scroll down a bit, and you'll see a second section of recent posts that are from our sponsors. You can also check any particulars sponsor's subforum if you don't see what you're looking for on the homepage. Hope that makes sense, but let us know if not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When you're on the homepage, you'll first see a list of recent topics that are non-sponsor related. Scroll down a bit, and you'll see a second section of recent posts that are from our sponsors. You can also check any particulars sponsor's subforum if you don't see what you're looking for on the homepage. Hope that makes sense, but let us know if not.
Gotcha! I mainly use tapatalk so this makes more sense now. Thank you for clarifying though!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1