marine depot

Red Sea - Check Out Our Staff Picks!

I’ve been very impressed with everything Red Sea except that refactometer- Just something about having to calibrate every single time you use it (even if it’s within 15 minutes of each test) that just leaves you wondering how they make such great things and then there’s that “piece of ....... equipment”

To be clear Red Sea great.....Marine Depot even greater 

Red Sea refractometer....worst piece of reefing equipment I’ve wasted my money on and it’s a higher priced meter for a hand held -Double whammy

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, reefnjunkie said:

I’ve been very impressed with everything Red Sea except that refactometer- Just something about having to calibrate every single time you use it (even if it’s within 15 minutes of each test) that just leaves you wondering how they make such great things and then there’s that “piece of ....... equipment”

To be clear Red Sea great.....Marine Depot even greater 

Red Sea refractometer....worst piece of reefing equipment I’ve wasted my money on and it’s a higher priced meter for a hand held -Double whammy

I don’t think Red Sea makes it. It looks like it’s rebranded to me. I agree though the Red Sea tanks are really slick

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By marine depot
      Will it Fit? Episode #6 - Fusion 10, Peninsula 14 & 20
      Today we'll show you which items fit—and which do not—into the back chambers of Innovative Marine’s most popular tank, the NUVO Fusion Nano 10, along with the Peninsula 14, and Peninsula 20 gallon aquariums.

• By youcallmenny
      Latest Photo dump at end of page 4 from 17apr18...
      Hi everybody and thanks for checking out my thread!  Pictures will get added to the end of this OP as they are added in the thread.  That will hopefully make it easy for future readers to just see the pictures in chronological order.

First step, tear down to the subfloor and put hardy board down and then tile it.  For those wondering about the weight and joist questions in a previous thread, the tank will mostly evenly straddle two engineered joists so no worries.  Big thanks again to @spectra for helping to solve that issue. 

Gear:
      Return - Jabaeo Sine Wave DC-10000 
      Skimmer - Reef Octopus Classic 200 Internal 8"
      Flow - Unsure, will start with what I have on hand but probably a Gyre XF-270 and whatever else if that's not enough.  I am trying to avoid putting any pumps on the far wall.  We'll see if that's realistic.
      Water Mixing/Changing -  These will be hard plumbed up through the floor of the office and be a permanent fixture in the stand.  Waste line goes back through the floor, across the top of the garage, through the wall and into the storm drain.  What this means is that hopefully I can turn on a small pump upstairs for a few seconds to start the drain siphon, empty the sump and then turn on the pump downstairs to refill it with new saltwater.  How this is going to work is largely dependent on how the sump is configured etc.  The main gist is that water changes are going to be soooooo much easier. 
      edit 28Dec17: RO/DI is permanently installed and is sourcing from upstairs laundry room to downstairs garage mixing station.  

edit 4Jan18: Floor is done. Rockwork is more or less how I want it.  Plumbing is complete.  Tank is being picked up today!

Edit 8Jan18: 

12jan18:

13jan18:

22jan18:

25jan18: new light. Aqua Helios R120

15apr18

• By marine depot
      Episode #1 : Reefer Deluxe 525 XL - NEW TANK BUILD!
      We're moving our livestock into a luxurious Red Sea aquarium!