February 10th Meeting @ Roy's!

Flashy Fins

:fish: Fellow fish lovers and coral enthusiasts, now is the time to clear the date on your calendar for February's PNWMAS meeting!:mermaid:

February 10th at 2 pm
Held in @stylaster's home in Kelso, Washington
244 Sparks Drive, Kelso WA 98626

Owner of Pacific Corals and keeper of a spectacular 312 gallon reef tank, Roy is one of the club's coolest! He's happy to have us all geek out with him this month with some coralicious activities, including an organized frag swap raffle (details below) and a fragging demonstration on an LPS chalice coral and an SPS acropora coral. Attendees will learn some tricks and walk away with a free frag! :applause:

To participate in the frag swap raffle, just bring a labeled frag or two. All frags will be separated into one of three tiers: beginner, mid level, or high end. This primarily relates to the value, so we can keep things fair. You'll be given a raffle ticket per frag, and when your number is called, it's your turn to choose from the level matching what you brought. Be generous with your cuts, do your best to keep from bringing pests with you, and enjoy trading for something new! :cheer:

If you have more than 2 frags or other livestock you'd like to trade, prearranged trading/selling is always encouraged. :drinking:

Appetizers and beverages will be provided by our host, with all attending welcome to bring something to add to the mix. :popcorn:

We'll also be raffling off gift certificates to the best shops around, so don't miss your chance to win! :saving: Paid members of the club receive one free raffle ticket just for showing up, and all attendees will have the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets.

See you there! :crab:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi all!

This is going to be a big meeting i can feel it!  I want to say thank you to Premium Aquarium for helping pick out two pieces for the frag demonstration and for the club for purchasing them!  I have a tabling acropora to frag and a nice chalice!  I will try and make each frag about 1 x 1" so there is enough to go around for everyone.  To speed things up ill have about 3/4 of the corals already cut up and ready to go.  Then i will do frag demonstrations on what is left.

Ill be providing pop, water, and a few appetizers, you all are more then welcome to bring what ever you like to eat.  

20180128_175959.jpg

20180128_180003.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, stylaster said:

Ill be doing frag demo with bone clippers and bandsaw.  Ill also show what dips i go through after cutting a coral and how i mount corals to frag plugs and then placement back into the system for healing

Great stuff Roy!  Looking forward to seeing this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, youcallmenny said:

Do we need to sign up for the demonstration?  I'm excited to see it and that acro would look nice in my tank. :clap:

Nope, just be present. Since we may have more interest in one coral over the other, I'll draw letters raffle style and have everyone with a first name beginning with a drawn letter select their frag, then draw another letter, and so on. Bring your good luck charms! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget this saturday is the club meeting at my house.  I will also be giving away some cool ORA posters featuring clams, fish and coral!  Also don't forget you get in a raffle to take home a frag of acorpora or chalice that we will be using for the frag demonstration!   There will be snacks and drinks provided by the host so please come enjoy and have a great time!

• Like 1

Super excited for this one!  Very interested in how the pros do their fragging plus seeing all the new livestock Roy has added since last year.  Sounds like there will be some store gift certificates to raffle off as well as distributing frags from the demo so lots of reasons to head over on Saturday wherever you might be coming from.  Hope to see you there!

• Like 1