Paratore's 75 Gallon Display

Paratore

Second that - very cool!  I almost hate to ask but how is that sunburst doing?  I know the plan was to get it multiplying but it would look sharp in the display!

Those are actually both different strains of Rose bubbles! One is just way darker than the other.

The sunbursts sadly didn’t make it :/ they got out of their basket, got a little torn up and I think a bacterial infection did them in. I tried to get meds and set up a hospital tank but wasn’t fast enough. Was a sad day around here, that’s for sure. Once the display is ready I will try to get another one.

Sent while trying to get my next coral fix.....
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Paratore said:

Those are actually both different strains of Rose bubbles! One is just way darker than the other.

The sunbursts sadly didn’t make it :/ they got out of their basket, got a little torn up and I think a bacterial infection did them in. I tried to get meds and set up a hospital tank but wasn’t fast enough. Was a sad day around here, that’s for sure. Once the display is ready I will try to get another one.

Oh man - sorry to hear that Cody - those were amazing.  I should have known not to ask since I hadn't seen any recent pics - my bad :sad:

Oh man - sorry to hear that Cody - those were amazing.  I should have known not to ask since I hadn't seen any recent pics - my bad :sad:

Haha it’s all good, it’s how the hobby goes sometimes! Already got a line on another one :) just waiting till the tanks ready.

• Like 2

Hey Cody, on the picture at the top of the page is that a rainbow hammer?  

I wish haha. Need one of those. It’s actually a pink hammer. Although it’s more pink body and teal tips lol

On 3/24/2018 at 1:02 PM, Paratore said:

Small update.
T5s are working great, tank is cycled and I’m slowly adding fish. Plan is to add all my fish and let the tank settle out before I add corals.
Also added a small aquarium fan to the canopy to help keep the air moving so mold and other unwanted stuff doesn’t build up :) it’s head silent and not too powerful. May pick up another one after I get my Kessils.
Oh and there are tons of little critters in the tank. Happy with how it’s tiring out so far! :)
The MP-10s were moved to the back wall. I did this mostly to clean up the sides of the tank. I had seeing the equipment and the flow is still really good. Very happy with the mp-10s 3361fcc96638237b7bf7f7029cbeae5f.jpgab80ee0df01ab3d2f51993e75ea570b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love what you've done here. Pretty awesome from the stand to the tank. I'm curious about how you like the position of the return. I'm going to be drilling my tank soon and am using the same overflow. If you could do it all again, would you put your return there, if not where do you think it'd work better?

Thanks for documenting your build, it's been awesome to follow.

Edited by RockChalk

I love what you've done here. Pretty awesome from the stand to the tank. I'm curious about how you like the position of the return. I'm going to be drilling my tank soon and am using the same overflow. If you could do it all again, would you put your return there, if not where do you think it'd work better?

Thanks for documenting your build, it's been awesome to follow.

Thanks for the kind words!
Definitely don’t like where it is haha. But in the returns defense I drilled with the wrong drill bit so its 1” instead of 3/4” and it’s impossible to find 1” lock line. So for now I have a 90* elbow on it pushing all my flow straight down the back. It works out because it keeps junk from building up but it’s a pain. Doing it again, I would put it on the back in one of the corners so you can shoot water all the way across.

• 2 weeks later...

Been a little while since my last update! First round of fish are all in and now I need to order more for QT! Kessils arrived and are awesome! Corals are in and everything is working great! The two MP10s are on the back wall set on reef crest at 75 percent. As you can see by the coral rack, I was waiting for my Nem to find a happy spot before placing everything [emoji4] I started him out on his own rock with lots of holes and he seems to like it [emoji4]

Here are a few quick photos.

c10c4851c190bde2d9e8e9f7b84725ae.jpg

3835e858c7c8c301df71c0a2daf148b4.jpg65ada771d8c78b075b4db2679add5cea.jpg56f6f7a11bf30bf237008d3a06e409c9.jpg9b58c00ebab9420fffcce6067d4f3601.jpg4247df80ccbf67865347cd36a0e88b10.jpgb49c14569518b1bc8443931ae7597063.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Small update with more to come tonight!!
I have a fat order of coral and fish showing up this morning. I can’t wait! So many good fish! Now to QT them for a while :/
Pic to come later :)

• Like 2

254d52bb6c9e44454f352c92af6b54f8.jpg
Fish are drip acclimating here what’s there!

Super make pintail fairy wrasse
Two purple firefish
Flame angle
Royal gramma
Flame fin tang
Flasher wrasse
Red dragonet
Green choris wrasse
Japanese Swallow angle fish
And tailspot Benny :)

Inverts:
Two fire shrimp
Two cleaner shrimp
Ultra long tentacle Nem
Feather dusters
Clam
Snails

My ornate leopard wrasse didn’t make it :/

• Like 3

This clam is sweet!! Need to get out the DSLR once it settles in! 6ea5af37247c7406c060de6e8757d46d.jpg
Couple fish pics to come later. I’m in love with the Pintail fairy wrasse [emoji7]

• Like 2

Just now, Paratore said:

Yeah I was bummed, leopard wrasses are my favorite!

Yeah - I am a sucker for pretty much any wrasse but the leopards are one of my favs as well.  Our blue star female from CnC was one of our first fish and survived what appeared to be a velvet outbreak that took out everything but it and a melanarus.  Still with us (crosses fingers, knocks on wood).

• Like 1