Paratore's 75 Gallon Display

Paratore

Small update.
Installing the final trim on the stand and getting ready to paint. I’ve also been working on the plumbing. Trying to think of all the future upgrades so needless to say, I’ve been “plumbing” for 3 days haha. Tomorrow I will glue it all together and snap a pic for you guys!

I decided to clean my Tonga branch using the bleach method shown on BRS. I placed all the rocks into a bin and mixed in enough bleach to make roughly a 10% solution. Let the rocks soak for 24 hours and then rinse. Set the rocks out for another 24 hours to dry. Then back into water with 250 ml of Prime to remove the chlorine (enough for 2500 gallons of water). In a couple days I will drain the water and repeat the last step again. Followed by one more bath and then a drying period to ensure all chlorine is gone.

98512776f5a1c345d110f858eba57afb.jpgd70eabf703ab5e5248313682b5e0bafe.jpgf4000379feb49704027896ad0a6aaaec.jpg98512776f5a1c345d110f858eba57afb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Your stand is coming together nicely. Looks like you got a thin wood project board over your main stand/ the wood corners/ are you planning on staining the stand or is that just to clean things up? Looks like you've got a lot of nice tonga pieces for your hardscape, and the LED fishing weight will make a perfect centerpiece. :) Glad someones working on their build I haven't had time to do anything to mine the past few weeks. 

• Like 1

Yes, we used 1/2” plywood around the stand and then skinned it with 1/4” birch. We did this mostly for cost and because the birch has very few blemishes. Plan to go paint it with some stained. Honestly I’m letting my corned Cody Manzi do the stand while I work on everything else Haha.

Plumbing is done (for now). Used extra unions so I can add a return manifold later. But for now all the hard plumbing is done and the leak test begins! Fingers crossed!
On another note, the DIY T5 fixture almost looks powerful enough alone! Gonna put out some amazing par after I add the LEDs!
ba629935c8ada35c4e3c53e6d88f85b7.jpg497bf5d58e43a2934a58c930be7682c0.jpg2a2075c91651a686fe307a03c2df3e34.jpg

20 minutes ago, Paratore said:

Rock work is almost done! 3 days, 5 packs of IC-Gel and 2 tubes of Epoxy later. I’m in love. So much open space and hiding places.

If you couldn’t tell, I decided not to use the Tonga branch.
124c125023083c749ceb25b8726c577a.jpg51645378095eba43d2b7627b191ccfb8.jpg74adfbf686786e44abd611473f53ca63.jpg

Switching it up on us already eh?  Looking good!

More equipment has been decided on and the tank is in set up mode. Going with a T5/Radion combo. The radions will be run all day and the T5s will pop on for about 3-4 hours at peak intensity. Should really cook the corals and give them some nice color. I’ve also started collecting fish for the tank. I plan to really push the bio load on this 75!
Hope to start filling the tank with water this weekend! More pics to come :)
213edc7426b4e1d736edc629272beadd.jpg

• Like 2

I'm running 2 24w blue+ bulbs with my radion on the sps ab setting on my 93 cube. I run the radion for ten hours total, with about 7 hours at peak, and I run my t5s for 5 hours. The t5s do a really really good job at mellowing out the shimmer from the radions. My corals have never shown as bright of colors, and they're all growing like weeds. I do run a really, really blue spectrum, with my whites only hitting 20% at peak.

Like I said before, I love the main rock structure. And the tank stand came together nicely. Only I would do either now or in the future is to add a few smaller rocks around it so its not such a drastic change. Although if your planing to put corals on the ground that may do the job.

Well lesson learned. I plugged in my light to the new outlet I installed and BOOM!! The ballast went POP and blew smoke out!! I instantly pulled out the light power and cringed. Initial thought was too much power. So I got out my tester and it was putting out 220v! Oops. The junction box I used was for the wall heaters that need 220v. What are the odds...?
Anyways now I need to install a new ballast for my T5s. Also crawled around in the creepy attic again and fixed my wiring issue. Thank goodness the apex was able to handle the 220v and is ok [emoji51]

Also plan to purchase my replacement parts for the MP-10s, my other radion, return pump and skimmer this week :)

• Sad 1

Like I said before, I love the main rock structure. And the tank stand came together nicely. Only I would do either now or in the future is to add a few smaller rocks around it so its not such a drastic change. Although if your planing to put corals on the ground that may do the job.

Thanks! I might add a couple more small rocks or I’ll just do some nice sized sand corals :)