Hello from Independence Oregon

Brian Tesch

Hello Everyone,

Just another aquarium addicted that has talked all of his friends/families ears off regarding tanks. I figure I should probably join a forum before I start losing friends. Haha, I've at least 5 aquariums for the past 7 years of my life but am relatively new to saltwater stuff. My first SaltWater tank was finished in Fall 2016, a custom tank (20Widex18Deepbuilt inside of a closet to give it the built into wall look. Its a 60 gallon and I started with 5 young Erectus Seahorses which have been a lot of fun, and nothing short of an adventure. They have all grown up with unique personalities, colors, and even body designs despite looking fairly similar a year ago. 

Anyway, the Seahorse adventure has sold me on the salty side of the aquarium side so much so I am tearing down a few of my freshwater tanks and am building my dream saltwater tank. In fact, I just drove down to Home Depot today and picked up all the hard materials I am going to need for the new tank, plumbing, and stand. I am going to start construction on the Stand tomorrow after classes are done. Sometime this week I'll jump over to the DIY thread and spend some time explaining every aspect of the system. For me, the stand as a piece of furniture is just as important to design wise and tank itself. Also although the Seahorse tank has been fun I learned a lot of lessons from stuffing a tank into a closet. It may fit, but it doesn't mean it should fit. For the new 75G, I am going to take everything I learned from my first tank that worked and double it. I have also been watching BRS's ULM series with interest. The goal for this 75 will be a beautiful tank that can house a nice variety of corals, fish, and clams; but also be relatively low maintenance. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! Small world, I am actually in Independence also! My family owns Rocky Mountain Nursery just past the bridge to South Salem outside of town. I will also be starting a 75 build soon, so it will be nice to see how your tank comes together. You should start a build thread so I can steal ideas from you [emoji12]
I’m Currently just running two frag tanks and helping maintain my dads 180 so it will be nice to have my own display again lol.
Anyways if you ever need help or corals, I’m not far away :)
I’m glad to finally have a reefer who is close by and active on this page!

-Cody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Paratore said:

Welcome to the forum! Small world, I am actually in Independence also! My family owns Rocky Mountain Nursery just past the bridge to South Salem outside of town. I will also be starting a 75 build soon, so it will be nice to see how your tank comes together. You should start a build thread so I can steal ideas from you emoji12.png
I’m Currently just running two frag tanks and helping maintain my dads 180 so it will be nice to have my own display again lol.
Anyways if you ever need help or corals, I’m not far away :)
I’m glad to finally have a reefer who is close by and active on this page!

-Cody

Small world indeed, I live just off Main St. boarding Independence park. I also purchased some Zoa's from you a few months ago. I appreciate the offer if I ever need help I will let you know, and will definitely contact you when its cycled going to need some corals to fill this thing up. 

Small world indeed, I live just off Main St. boarding Independence park. I also purchased some Zoa's from you a few months ago. I appreciate the offer if I ever need help I will let you know, and will definitely contact you when its cycled going to need some corals to fill this thing up. 

Oh wow you’re just down the street! Well now I feel like an idiot but I’m horrible with names/faces! I look forward to meeting you “again” and to seeing pictures of your build Brian!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Welcome to the forum!! We have a meeting Saturday at The Premium Aquarium . Hope to see you there !

Unfortunately, I will be working at Newport this weekend. While I would love to go, I think I am going to have to wait for the next one to roll around.