Help me choose some lights.

BabelFish

Honestly, at $100 (especially for new), your asking for too much for it to be programmable and cover the size of tank you have. You could buy a single black box led for under $100 but it will just have dimmer knobs and will only really cover 24x24 max. You may be right at $100 for a programmable unit, but again, not the coverage you need.

when trying to do budget lighting, there’s a lot of “hacks” for black box leds to use an external controller, but you have to have the external controller itself to do it.

if I were you I’d spend the little extra ($135) for a SBReef 16” basic and save up for a second one in the future. The 32” model is ($274).

keep an eye on the classifieds and you may score a good deal on 2 black boxes

2 hours ago, Blue Z Reef said:

Honestly, at $100 (especially for new), your asking for too much for it to be programmable and cover the size of tank you have. You could buy a single black box led for under $100 but it will just have dimmer knobs and will only really cover 24x24 max. You may be right at $100 for a programmable unit, but again, not the coverage you need.

when trying to do budget lighting, there’s a lot of “hacks” for black box leds to use an external controller, but you have to have the external controller itself to do it.

if I were you I’d spend the little extra ($135) for a SBReef 16” basic and save up for a second one in the future. The 32” model is ($274).

keep an eye on the classifieds and you may score a good deal on 2 black boxes

Good thinking there Maestro