Emperor angel needs home

Lovesalt

I’m looking for a new home for my emperor who has started changing from juvenile to adult. He has an issue on his face which I believe is Hole in the Head or lateral line disease. He seems otherwise healthy and happy. The scarring seems unchanged for a few months. Since he looks a little weird I don’t feel right about asking for money but I wouldn’t mind trading for some zoas or cool mushrooms. Anybody want to give this guy a go?ac86218b0d41a4424b5fe16c8f94998c.jpg26a11ed8cbbb0c4aecbc1579c86dc1ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just added one few months ago.. otherwise, I would take him.  You can try feeding it fresh, high vitamin food to see if he recovers.  I put some raw shrimps (frozen) and squid in food processor and add a tablespoon of spirulina powder (from amazon, health food/supplement section).  The freeze the green thick paste and break chunks to feed.  It'll make the water a little green during feeding but skimmer pull it out pretty fast.  All your other fish will enjoy it too.  Good luck.

• Like 1

That is interesting.  What is your source for that?  Just curious if it might be specific.

My parents had a blue tang with LLD and sold it to a fish store. He gave it red nori and better food and it healed up. He’s said it’s always worked for him and it seemed to help my blue tang when her face started looking bad.

1 minute ago, AcanLord said:

My parents had a blue tang with LLD and sold it to a fish store. He gave it red nori and better food and it healed up. He’s said it’s always worked for him and it seemed to help my blue tang when her face started looking bad.

Thanks - was unclear about that... was wondering where they got the red nori but this is also good info.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, jtarmitage said:

Well, the emperor is doing well, but has decided he likes the zoas and favias in my tank. So, it's time to find him a new home again. If anyone is interested, let me know...

Hey JT - not sure if you saw this...

13 minutes ago, James said:

I would love to take him for my school tank if still available? Thanks

James, you should shoot JT a PM.