Micro bubbles and cloudy on top

HexaReef

I have a feeling this is purely being caused by my HOB filter. My tank is recently cycled, should I change out my filter pads? Throw some filter floss in there?

Video below.... [emoji116]http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a5c0de00e6a1/20180114_180624.mp4

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Its only cloudy on the top, like a dust film. 05c482cf49af6dcb81c29246441aedf1.jpg

The film on top is usually a sign that there isn't enough surface movement.  More flow up there would help.  Microbubbles are a reality for sump skimmers but HOB are more prone to it from what I've seen.  Some kind of bubble trap like filter floss wouldn't hurt it you can figure out how to incorporate it into your out line on the skimmer. 

• Like 1

I have a feeling this is purely being caused by my HOB filter. My tank is recently cycled, should I change out my filter pads? Throw some filter floss in there?

Video below.... [emoji116]http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a5c0de00e6a1/20180114_180624.mp4

You need an overflow so you get surface skimming. You can’t get the stuff off the surface with a HoB filter. I had a tank with a bad [language filter] canister filter and tons of flow and had the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

You need an overflow so you get surface skimming. You can’t get the stuff off the surface with a HoB filter. I had a tank with a bad [language filter] canister filter and tons of flow and had the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info!

Update. Got home from work today and water is more cloudy And fish are stressed.. (blue damsels turning black). Water parameters are perfect

Can Bacteria Bloom make the fish stress out? And wouldnt a bacteria bloom cause an imbalance in water parameters?

Thank

4 hours ago, HexaReef said:

Update. Got home from work today and water is more cloudy And fish are stressed.. (blue damsels turning black). Water parameters are perfect

Can Bacteria Bloom make the fish stress out? And wouldnt a bacteria bloom cause an imbalance in water parameters?

Thank

It can, and it can also be the cause of the cloudiness. Try boosting your surface agitation if possible to see if it helps or maybe try an airstone to get some oxygen into the water.