Fluval Cycle Works!

HexaReef

So the day i set up my tank i added Fluval Cycle with Bio-Flocs. A week later i added Ammonia. 24 hrs later i checked parameters and they were spot on, so i added two Damsels. Nearly 2 weeks later all parameters are still good.

As of today

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 20

Calcium: 400

SG: 1.025

Ph: 7.4 (a bit low. Ill check that again later)

All-in-all im pretty imprest with how well it workedc93c92e13cdb917053907c41e1d783d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I was just doing some heavy reading on the whole bacteria in a bottle debate today.  Though a polarizing issue in the community, it is definitely up to each of us how we prefer to cycle.  After my own research and then this video, I've decided to give it a shot myself.  After parameters show no ammonia or nitrites then I'm moving my current tank in.  I think a big detail there is that I'm putting a bunch of very mature live rock in as well.  Happy coincidence that you happened to have success at the same time.  Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 2

I originally thought this thread was spam and someone replied with an ad! haha.  I love instant cycle type products. They are not for every use case, but the ones they do fall into, work as advertised.

My first real stab at this hobby a friend talked me out of these type of products and sent me home with a bucket full of his sand and water. Boy ohh boy what an instant cycle! lol

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:46 PM, Emerald525 said:

I use Dr. Tim’s with each cycle I do and used it for setting up Tanks for Teachers tank. I have found it to work very well. 

I used Tims when I got back into the hobby on my 20 nuvo and worked great. I also used another bacteria in a bottle and it worked to on my 40 when I started a temporary storage unit.

• Like 1

i have used tims with pretty good success. On my new tank i had some uncured live rock (or should i say dying rock) and my ammonia shot up to .75 ppm.

i added prodibio biodigest and overnight, zero ammonia.

it comes in glass vials filled with nitrogen gass which creates an oxygen free environment which is important if the bacteria is to be kept in stasis.

bacteria in stasis can stay viable for thousands of years so when someone who doesnt really understand advanced biology says "how can living bacteria stay alive in a bottle without food".. just back away slowly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1