HexaReef

Hello! Napavine Local Here... New but Not New

Whats up everyone!? The name is Brandon, and after a 9 year break I'm finally starting up another tank. Looking forward to interacting with all you locals! 

Cheers
Hex

Hi Brandon, welcome back to the hobby.  I recently had a similar hiatus and then got a new tank up just over a year ago.  Even when not active in the hobby I used to visit the local shops so definitely get the allure.  Interesting to see what has changed (and what hasn't) in the time away.  Enjoy your new build and maybe you can make it to one of the meetings this year to meet some folk in person.

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

Hi Brandon, welcome back to the hobby.  I recently had a similar hiatus and then got a new tank up just over a year ago.  Even when not active in the hobby I used to visit the local shops so definitely get the allure.  Interesting to see what has changed (and what hasn't) in the time away.  Enjoy your new build and maybe you can make it to one of the meetings this year to meet some folk in person.

A lot has changed in roughly 10 years! Back then t-5's and MH (although expensive) were the way to go. Now its all about LED, Wi-Fi, dimmable/programmable lights! lol no need for plug-in timers anymore. Tank Controllers and Monitors have also come a long way. 

I'm looking forward too it, and yes! I'd like to come to a meeting sometime. I'm about 1hr 30min north of Portland.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, HexaReef said:

A lot has changed in roughly 10 years! Back then t-5's and MH (although expensive) were the way to go. Now its all about LED, Wi-Fi, dimmable/programmable lights! lol no need for plug-in timers anymore. Tank Controllers and Monitors have also come a long way. 

I'm looking forward too it, and yes! I'd like to come to a meeting sometime. I'm about 1hr 30min north of Portland.

I felt the same way and I was oniy away for 2 years. Our next meeting is in Salem at the Premium Aquarium. Hope you can make it!

1 hour ago, HexaReef said:

True although you will also find people reverting back to that lighting combo these days. 

We will likely have a meeting up North again this year (Kelso area) so stay tuned for that. 

Welcome brandon!  Gald you found the club,  Ill be having a meeting at my house in Feb and im in Kelso so sorta close to ya