Experiences with Vertex Libra Dosing pump?

Bubbles

40 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

What do you mean by it destroyed your tank? Did the doser overdose, or did it get misprogrammed? Was it the Stepper model or the dc motor one?

It was a dc motor. Apparently the firmware had some issues and it dosed all three components into the tank over night. That was five gallon batches of Alk, ca, and mag. I lost all but one fish. Lost my entire coral collection as well. Vertex replaced the doser but sold the brand new unit I received. I believed they have discontinued the libra. Make sure you have the latest firmware and hopefully they addressed those isues. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jorge said:

It was a dc motor. Apparently the firmware had some issues and it dosed all three components into the tank over night. That was five gallon batches of Alk, ca, and mag. I lost all but one fish. Lost my entire coral collection as well. Vertex replaced the doser but sold the brand new unit I received. I believed they have discontinued the libra. Make sure you have the latest firmware and hopefully they addressed those isues. Good luck!

oh, I see! I'm so sorry thanks for your feedback!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jorge said:

Ouch!  Somehow I missed this episode... sorry to hear about that Jorge.  Glad you were willing to share your experience despite how painful it was.

• Like 3