Zoa eating nudi

Jack-the-reefer

All I have to say is Good luck!   

It only takes one and it’s no fun!  

Take all zoas out and dip them every 2-3 days.  Keep a close eye out for them as they prowl the tank! 

If you can set up a small 5-10 gallon tank I’d totally suggest that.  

I was battling them for 5-6 months and right when you have think you have it under control they appear!   Since our battle we upgraded tanks.   I found one about 2months ago and I was like _____! 

Dip dip dip

let us know how it goes.  

I pulled one from a patch of zoas when I first started in this hobby and never found another or had any problems with zoas not opening, so it’s not a given there are more. Still better to assume there are. If it’s easy to pull and dip, I would. If you can’t do that, a wrasse sounds like a good plan. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack-the-reefer said:

I think I'll try a wrasse for now. Would a six line do the job? It's a bare bottom tank, so I need on that doesn't need to bury itself at night. 

Six line would work as well. I had a melanarus in a bare bottom in the past in a frag tank and it did fine without sand. I put a  bowl of sand in but it never used it. Six lines work well too they can just be aggressive but so can melanarus wrasses. 

If no other fish for a 6 line to harass i would go with that. Most likely more as the babies are the size of a grain of sand.  2 hours after the lights go out....turn just the blues on if you can and any out and feeding should show up easier as they will flouress normally. Then suck the offenders up with a turkey baster. If you do that over a week you will find most of the adults.  After that the wrass will find them a lot easier than you. 

• Like 1