Some End of the Year pics.

Carla

3 hours ago, Carla said:

Just some pics to end 2017 with. And thank you to the powers that be for letting me in this club <3

DX2A2678.jpg

DX2A2680.jpg

Awesome tanks!  Thanks for sharing.

Can you tell more about your setup?

What lights are you running there?  Are all the tanks on the same sump?

• Like 2

Yes, tell us a little more! Are you running a ca reactor or dosing 2 part? I don't see any fish, if not, what do you dose to get some nutrients for the coral? That's a lot of snow....where are you? Seems like a nice oasis to come back to after being out in the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, TheClark said:

They are all on one sump, not pictured is a 75 gallon refugium also. I am running Mars Aqua lights, 2 ea. over the 40s and 1 over the cube. 

I dose a Baking soda mix for alk and BRS calcium chloride for Ca. Every once in a while I throw some magnesium in just because I can :).

I feed Reef Chili every Friday and that is all I feed the coral. There aren't many fish at all, I lost 2 Firefish in the tank with all the sps and just haven't replaced them yet. 

I am in Columbia Falls Montana. It was snowin and blowing so hard yesterday I figured reef tank maintenance was a good thing to do........................lol. The attached pic is what I woke up to this morning. My poor dog wouldn't go out to save her sorry little rear end, I didn't really blame her

20 hours ago, TheClark said:

20171230_055913.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, albertareef said:

Looking great Carla! I’m glad to see that Oregon Tort colony is still doing well - that thing is awesome. Hope the new year treats you well and you are able to make it out to visit us again. 

Thank you :). I know for sure I will show up again when you have the frag swap, and maybe I can make it over when it is a bit warmer, sometime in the summer?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Willapa said:

Yes, tell us a little more! Are you running a ca reactor or dosing 2 part? I don't see any fish, if not, what do you dose to get some nutrients for the coral? That's a lot of snow....where are you? Seems like a nice oasis to come back to after being out in the cold.

see one of the above posts for more info on my system. I think I answered as much as I could, if you have more questions, fire away :)

22 hours ago, Flashy Fins said:

Wowza! Is that a massive Oregon tort colony in the middle of the first pic? Whether it’s that or something else, it’s beautiful! Also love the purple (pink?) cat’s paw stylo on the right in the same tank. I have a much smaller colony I hope looks as nice someday! 

Yeppers, that is my Oregon Tort, close to 10 years old in early 2018. I haven't killed it yet..................................lol. And yes, that is a purple stylo. I think I got that From Duane O. in Seattle late 2015. The green Stylo is from a Friend in Spokane.

And Thank you :)

• Like 1

20171230_055913.thumb.jpg.d5d06ed8e1e93e6566e0a8e4738d05b0.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you've found a combination that really works. Friday night Montana style chili feed......mmmmmm sounds good. I used baked arm and hammer for a couple of years on my last tank. Followed the Randy Holmes-Farley recipe online. I was having issues with the brs sodium carbonate spiking the ph and precipitating out no matter where I dosed it or how little I dosed. The arm and hammer worked very well. Columbia falls is really nice. I get out that way twice a year for work and go between Libby, Kalispell, Whitefish, Columbia Falls, and Glacier. I always meet really nice people on my trips there and they all have a real communal vibe and always ready to help people around them. I guess you have to stick together out there. Drove and camped north of Lodgepole last time....the town has no power and runs off diesel generators and solar panels. Very remote and untouched for sure.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Willapa said:

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you've found a combination that really works. Friday night Montana style chili feed......mmmmmm sounds good. I used baked arm and hammer for a couple of years on my last tank. Followed the Randy Holmes-Farley recipe online. I was having issues with the brs sodium carbonate spiking the ph and precipitating out no matter where I dosed it or how little I dosed. The arm and hammer worked very well. Columbia falls is really nice. I get out that way twice a year for work and go between Libby, Kalispell, Whitefish, Columbia Falls, and Glacier. I always meet really nice people on my trips there and they all have a real communal vibe and always ready to help people around them. I guess you have to stick together out there. Drove and camped north of Lodgepole last time....the town has no power and runs off diesel generators and solar panels. Very remote and untouched for sure.

Well gee, let me know the next time you are headed this way and maybe we could get together for an adult beverage and some reef BS :)

• Like 1

Well gee, let me know the next time you are headed this way and maybe we could get together for an adult beverage and some reef BS [emoji4]

Will do! I always like the I soak up some local microbreweries and have some good company when on the road.