What do you do?

stylaster

my shop is next to a grow and its all medical stuff. Its interesting talking to the guys and seeing what they deal with..........

There are farms east of us and well when they spray the farms well it travels...........
medical = black market. just as an FYI.

doesnt really matter, i give medical another year or two and it will be gone

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

medical = black market. just as an FYI.

doesnt really matter, i give medical another year or two and it will be gone

I am not into the stuff but I do see what they do and how its grown.

Why do you say black Market?

I am not into the stuff but wish I was years ago and would have invested a few dollars...........

i say black market because I used to grow "medical" weed and there were times when someone would show up, take 60lbs of "medicine" and hand my two shoe boxes full of cash. (yes, those were fun times).

Rec growers like myself have to account where everything is. Every single plant and every gram of weed is tracked with bar coded tags. Every single one. I can't do anything without telling the cannabis tracking system (cts) what is going on. Want to give a friend who smokes a joint... have to go into CTS and subtract 2 grams from a harvest lot for "in house testing".

90 days of stored HD footage of every inch of the facility. Companies that enrich plutonium are not as heavily regulated as we are.

anyways.. just boring work crap. But yeah, those dudes are most likely selling out of state. There is a reason Oregon weed is famous.. and it aint because people on facebook are talking about it.

• Like 2

Just scrolling through this it looks like 80% of us either grow/ sell weed or work on software.......

I design and support ERP (enterprise resource planning) software for food manufacturers. I don’t actually write code but mostly help to translate business needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I’ve been running my own web design and marketing company. I specialize in websites, SEO, photography, and videos. Most of my clients are in the outdoor industry. Did I mention I love flying my drone for work!

On the side I love DIY projects anything from woodworking, fixing my 1976 Jeep Chief and not to mention the never-ending Honey-do list.  

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

My job has to be the lamest one out of all of you i work in a warehouse for reser's fine foods nothing special and very little pay i've done alot of DIY fish tank projects and home repair projects would be willing to help anyone with any fish related task's if the need arise's 

Would love to take up work for one of these guys Growing operations if it pays better Always looking for ways to make a little money

Most my time though is spent at home tending to my 5 kids and fish tanks lol As my wife is the one who works long shifts

• Like 3

Last year I retired early from the IT Support company I founded in 2001.  The business has 20 employees now primarily supporting medical offices and law firms all over Oregon & Washington.  I noticed several of you mentioned Epic medical record systems in this thread, and that's what my company specializes in supporting.  Great niche to be in, as it allowed me to retire and still collect profits from the business.

I've worked in the IT industry since 1986, so I've pretty much seen the whole evolution of personal computers since the beginning.  I specialized in networking, security, and the whole suite of Microsoft server products.

I've put my IT skills to use with a lot of home automation, networking, and of course my Apex setup.  I'm pretty obsessed with my Apex so if you have any questions or problems with yours, I can probably help. (right Holly?!!)  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Last year I retired early from the IT Support company I founded in 2001.  The business has 20 employees now primarily supporting medical offices and law firms all over Oregon & Washington.  I noticed several of you mentioned Epic medical record systems in this thread, and that's what my company specializes in supporting.  Great niche to be in, as it allowed me to retire and still collect profits from the business.

I've worked in the IT industry since 1986, so I've pretty much seen the whole evolution of personal computers since the beginning.  I specialized in networking, security, and the whole suite of Microsoft server products.

I've put my IT skills to use with a lot of home automation, networking, and of course my Apex setup.  I'm pretty obsessed with my Apex so if you have any questions or problems with yours, I can probably help. (right Holly?!!)  

Epic eh... target rich environment right there so good choice for a support paradigm.  Glad it worked out for you.

• Like 1

Hey everyone! 

I'm excited to have found this site.

Currently I work in fab manufacturing semiconductor chips. Night shift which makes life interesting. 

I used to have a 10gal guppy tank in high school, and loved it. Now I want a larger tank and a few larger tanks down the road, as well as salt water. So i'm excited for all the topics to read and hopefully friends to be made! 🙂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

Ah Epic huh?  I hear about it through my wife.  Pretty cool you did well there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

That’s awesome. I have used Epic for close to 20 years now. It’s great when it works well. It’s one of the better medical systems. However like all computers  frustrating as hell when it goes down ! 😁:comp:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have two kids and was a stay at home mom for a while, worked at a Veterinary clinic as a Patient Care Coordinator and Kennel Attendant for several years. For the last year I have been working for a company called Crowd Cow, I work in one of their fulfillment centers in Forest Grove. We ship beef, pork, chicken, blueberry Salmon and recently started with Lamb. We sell a lot of meat that's harder to find (won't find in any grocery store) and VERY expensive! Like Japanese Wagyu, from Kagoshima Japan and Olive Wagyu not sold anywhere but through our company, these cattle are literally fed olives... Anyway I really like working there and on my free time I sit and stare at my tanks wondering what else I can get for them lol... Setting up my new tank (new to me anyway) this weekend and am really excited! Always fun to get new reef stuff [emoji4]

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SuncrestReef said:

Admit it...deep down you're just dying to convert it into a reef tank!  🤣

Cool equipment.

Honestly I look at extra equipment around my shop and envision how I can adapt it to my current reef HAHA. Trying to convince them to add a reef tank to our beach room for educational purposes. 

• Like 1