Sign in to follow this  
pdxmonkeyboy

oopsie

or flip the barrel upside down ive lost a few things like that, thankfully the barrels didnt have water in them

• Like 1

So, as I was drilling a 55g yesterday for the water mixing station,  I punched through and dropped my fancy new Bosch hole saw assembly into 3 feet of freezing water.  Got to play this same game and didn't want to dump the water.   I used my reef grabber like Holly & Dodge suggested.   :clap:

Edited by youcallmenny
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

So, as I was drilling a 55g yesterday for the water mixing station,  I punched through and dropped my fancy new Bosch hole saw assembly into 3 feet of freezing water.  Got to play this same game and didn't want to dump the water.   I used my reef grabber like Holly & Dodge suggested.   :clap:

You folk all obviously have longer arms than I do.  Glad you were able to rescue your saw and save the water. 

8 hours ago, youcallmenny said:

Well first question why was it full? Get the thing done while dry.........not sure I would use the water after dropping something in it like that.............

Technically it was only half full.  :joking:  It's always been used and I just needed to cut a hole in the top.  Where I messed up was it was one of those Bosch push-release things so when it hit the top of the barrel it released the holesaw portion.  This was the freshwater mind you but I still drained it.  My rule is no metal in the water that goes in the tank, no exceptions.  It's good advice and I appreciate it. 

Edited by youcallmenny