Allthingscoral

Please help identify

37 minutes ago, Allthingscoral said:

Ok thx thats what i was curious about  If they were harmless or not

Well... based on the video Holly posted, I wouldn't want to be a dead silverside around one :shock:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, albertareef said:

Well... based on the video Holly posted, I wouldn't want to be a dead silverside around one :shock:

My buddy watched one eat a hermit crab shell and all. 

• Sad 1

I wouldn't want that in my tank, mine is not very big  don't really look like what's in the video  how do i figure this out ? is there reasearch sites for this stuff?, this hobby is so  Awesome you never know what you may find, thx for everyone  giving me  some info 

• Like 1

The ones in my tank are much smaller then in the video. The ones I have are about the size as small aptasia. They look more like this photo i found on google and have never got any bigger the half the size of a dime. Not sure if my shrimp eats them before they get larger or if they are a different type. From what I can tell yours look like the ones in my tank. They are small, for the most part colorless, and looks like dew drops on tips of tentacles. 

C902F2E7-86FB-41C7-A77E-A6F73CAA11D7.jpeg

Edited by Oregonic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Allthingscoral said:

Yes this is 100% what i have,  there are alot of them are they harmless ?

I have to really search to find any. If I look hard enough I can usually find 2 or 3. When I first noticed them I would kill them off as I saw them using aptasia x, but stopped trying to kill them off several months ago and have not seen the population increase. Im assuming my fire shrimp picks them off but have never witnessed it guess it could be my wrasse too.  I only say this because every time I notice one it is usually gone in a day or two. I have never noticed them bothering anything in my tank. Not sure what a large population would do to a tank, you could try adding a shrimp or fish that is known to eat small nems.