Greg's Red Sea Peninsula 650 Build Thread

youcallmenny

I did not specify but the legs.  Ceiling is really high so probably would be too difficult.  I'm excited too.  Just couldn't justify 3x g4 radion pro's.  The biggest difference is this one has wifi and app control.  It also has UV diodes which the photon lines do not.  I think I might need the par meter again lol.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Eh, it's all good.  The coral are so happy with the new light it's hard to even really pay attention to stuff I can't control like that lol. 

Well that's what counts!  What do you think the difference is between this and the old light?  overall intensity/spread or spectrum?  Sounded like they were using similarly high quality LEDs.

These LED's are actually quite a bit better.  The upgrade to 7500K whites really makes a huge difference.  Spread is the other big thing.  The old ones were more direct lenses but these new ones leave no shadows.  It's crazy.  These new ones come with some preprogrammed options .  It's on a slightly modified 'SPS' setting now. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Brian Tesch said:

Gorgonians are looking great, the overall tank is looking even greater. What are you feeding your gorgonians? They are looking very healthy and polyps are super extended. Those are all from Gulf Coast Ecosystems right? 

Thanks Brian!  I was just looking at your thread and right back at you, it's looking awesome.  I feed Red Sea Coral Care or whatever it is parts A & B once a week.  Other than that I just autofeed high quality pellets twice a day and good frozen food a couple times a week by hand and that's it.  The longer I do this, the less I concern myself with feeding coral directly and the more I worry about having big fat fish that poop all my coral food out.  

2 of those are from GCE but the most of them are from @Lexinverts.  

Edited by youcallmenny