youcallmenny

Greg's Red Sea Peninsula 650 Build Thread

Haha sorry.  I made a decision.  I didn't realize ReefBreeder had released a whole new line of lights.  The V2's have been awesome but these new ones look sick.  Now hopefully someone buys my old ones and takes some of the hurt out of my wallet. 

• Like 1

I’m excited to see that light! Are you going to hang it or use the mounting legs? Sorry if you already spelled that our elsewhere...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I did not specify but the legs.  Ceiling is really high so probably would be too difficult.  I'm excited too.  Just couldn't justify 3x g4 radion pro's.  The biggest difference is this one has wifi and app control.  It also has UV diodes which the photon lines do not.  I think I might need the par meter again lol.

• Haha 1

New light is super awesome.  

Diotoms... Not so much.  So it goes but what an upgrade! I'm in reefer heaven lately.  

20180125_155850.jpg

Edited by youcallmenny
  • Like 3

Well that certainly cleared up a bit!  Looking good! (well, except for the pesky diatoms of course :sad:)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Diotoms... Not so much.

Too bad they are not the bio luminescent type!  Just shake that thang and make'em light up! 

• Haha 1

Looks good but the sand is uneven :laugh: my OCD side would be going nuts..........once a week I am leveling the sand in my tank :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, spectra said:

Looks good but the sand is uneven :laugh: my OCD side would be going nuts..........once a week I am leveling the sand in my tank :D 

It's bothering me for sure.  I haven't fixed it because I'm adding some more, then I'll flatten it all. 

1 hour ago, youcallmenny said:

It's just the new rock Sean, nothing to worry about.

Oh I know... just is always kind of annoying when you are all excited for a new build and then they go crazy.  Part of the process but still frustrating.  At least you are taking it in stride :cool:

• Like 1

Eh, it's all good.  The coral are so happy with the new light it's hard to even really pay attention to stuff I can't control like that lol. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Eh, it's all good.  The coral are so happy with the new light it's hard to even really pay attention to stuff I can't control like that lol. 

Well that's what counts!  What do you think the difference is between this and the old light?  overall intensity/spread or spectrum?  Sounded like they were using similarly high quality LEDs.

These LED's are actually quite a bit better.  The upgrade to 7500K whites really makes a huge difference.  Spread is the other big thing.  The old ones were more direct lenses but these new ones leave no shadows.  It's crazy.  These new ones come with some preprogrammed options .  It's on a slightly modified 'SPS' setting now. 

• Like 1

Looking sharp Greg!  Love that parrot fish - wanted him bad but just didn’t have the room. Glad  he ended up in your tank. 

• Like 1

Lookin good man!

Sent while trying to get my next coral fix.....

41 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Looking sharp Greg!  Love that parrot fish - wanted him bad but just didn’t have the room. Glad  he ended up in your tank. 

After some reading, it's apparently a female and we've named her Polly the Parrotfish.  :joking:

• Like 1

Gorgonians are looking great, the overall tank is looking even greater. What are you feeding your gorgonians? They are looking very healthy and polyps are super extended. Those are all from Gulf Coast Ecosystems right? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Brian Tesch said:

Gorgonians are looking great, the overall tank is looking even greater. What are you feeding your gorgonians? They are looking very healthy and polyps are super extended. Those are all from Gulf Coast Ecosystems right? 

Thanks Brian!  I was just looking at your thread and right back at you, it's looking awesome.  I feed Red Sea Coral Care or whatever it is parts A & B once a week.  Other than that I just autofeed high quality pellets twice a day and good frozen food a couple times a week by hand and that's it.  The longer I do this, the less I concern myself with feeding coral directly and the more I worry about having big fat fish that poop all my coral food out.  

2 of those are from GCE but the most of them are from @Lexinverts.  

Edited by youcallmenny