Jump to content
Manny Tavan

New to saltwater

Recommended Posts

Welcome! Nice Red Sea tank!  Looking good so far! Funny how you say the hobby is fun and stressful. When something goes wrong in my tank and I’m pissed off af my tank , I sometimes grit my teeth and say this is sooo relaxing !:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Welcome! Nice Red Sea tank!  Looking good so far! Funny how you say the hobby is fun and stressful. When something goes wrong in my tank and I’m pissed off af my tank , I sometimes grit my teeth and say this is sooo relaxing !:laugh:

It’s a lot of stress even when everything is going well. Always worried about a leak? About my skimmer overflowing, about a snail dying and crashing the tank. Not sure when all the worrying is going to stop lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flashy Fins said:

Welcome! Nice hammer coral there. 

Got that from cuttle fish and coral but it’s now in the back corner because it sure doesn’t like any flow at all. Probably going to rehome it when i get more sps

Edited by Manny Tavan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Manny Tavan said:

It’s a lot of stress even when everything is going well. Always worried about a leak? About my skimmer overflowing, about a snail dying and crashing the tank. Not sure when all the worrying is going to stop lol

I don't think it ever really stops... you just start to get numb to it after a while.  Either that or you tear it all down one day in a fit of frustration :shock:  Hopefully you never get to that point.

Welcome BTW - looks like you are off to a good start and have already discovered at least one of our helpful LFSs here in town.  There are some others listed on the sponsor page that can also be a good resource as well as the community here on the forum.  Lots of experience amongst this user group so they can certainly help in answering questions and giving advice to help you avoid some of the more stressful situations you could face.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, albertareef said:

I don't think it ever really stops... you just start to get numb to it after a while.  Either that or you tear it all down one day in a fit of frustration :shock:  Hopefully you never get to that point.

Welcome BTW - looks like you are off to a good start and have already discovered at least one of our helpful LFSs here in town.  There are some others listed on the sponsor page that can also be a good resource as well as the community here on the forum.  Lots of experience amongst this user group so they can certainly help in answering questions and giving advice to help you avoid some of the more stressful situations you could face.

Good luck!

Jeff at cuttle fish has been awesome but I’ve also been at pretty much all the LFS within a 20 mile radius numerous times :) i’m pretty sure I have a coral, fish or snail from all those places. Can’t wait to get more 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge shout out to Tommy. Stopped by his place to buy corals from his tank breakdown sale. I got too much stuff and he was hooking me up with a bunch of free frags. What a cool guy! Now my tank looks like a war zone but I’ll clean up soon

FC3C9957-B4D8-4ECE-8A08-92832D12439A.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Willapa said:

You really scored! I think you need a bigger tank already!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has a gorgeous hippo tang that I wanted to take home...thhat’s the only reason I regret getting a nano tank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Nice!  You are filling that up fast - hope everything does well for you.

Yeah i’m probably filling too fast for such a  “young system” but I couldn’t resist

Edited by Manny Tavan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man I didn't realize this was your thread Manny!

Everything looks so nice! and so glad that they went to a good home, but it looks like you might need to upgrade to a bigger tank soon haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Oh man I didn't realize this was your thread Manny!

Everything looks so nice! and so glad that they went to a good home, but it looks like you might need to upgrade to a bigger tank soon haha!

Yup I’m running out of room. I did clean up everything yesterday

D8613C9A-883F-4B6E-9BD9-D562753F3893.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 6:43 PM, Manny Tavan said:

Yeah i’m probably filling too fast for such a  “young system” but I couldn’t resist

Nice looking tank. I know every tank is different but when i setup my first tank a few years ago I started out with a bunch of acros right after it was cycled because I didn't want to be patient. I just dosed red sea reef energy heavily to account for low nutrients until everything balanced out and never lost a single frag. The only hard part I would say about adding stuff to a new system is you have be prepared to deal with all the nuisances that come with a new tank and stay on top of them. I don't think the worrying ever ends though lol.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×