danlu_gt

Goodies from Seahorse

Feed that gorgonian.......................hopefully it survives as those are not an easy one. NPS gorgonians seem to do well then all of a sudden are gone.

Feed that gorgonian.......................hopefully it survives as those are not an easy one. NPS gorgonians seem to do well then all of a sudden are gone.
My first time keeping a gorgonian. Any tips on easy food to feed it. I will try blend up frozen krills first.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, danlu_gt said:

My first time keeping a gorgonian. Any tips on easy food to feed it. I will try blend up frozen krills first.

No the blueberry gorgonian is a beautiful one but one of the hardest to keep. I have had a few NPS gorgonians and finally just gave up on them. I fed a mixture of things like coral frenzy and liquid foods. See when it opens and go from there. Hopefully you can keep it going. I think also the body of water you have it in may help. Not like its a small nano tank :D

Edited by spectra

That piece in the second pic is one I have been admiring for a while now.  Couldn’t believe someone with a large tank hadn’t taken it home yet. Glad you snagged it Daniel!  Super nice specimen!

I may have made a mistake with the gorgonian impulse buy. Haven't read any long term success with them.

Great pieces! Gorgs can be tough. I have to second that Woodys is looking pretty solid. 

Edited by R-3

Great finds Daniel! Good luck with the gorgonian! He has some nice ones but we didn’t have much luck keeping them alive in the seahorse tank.

19 hours ago, R-3 said:

Great pieces! Gorgs can be tough. I have to second that Woodys is looking pretty solid. 

+1  I'm lucky they are so close to my house.