280g Barrel of monkeys build

pdxmonkeyboy

I guess the mixing station wasn't the part you wanted to talk about? :joking::highfive::joking:
lol. its fine. Having someone imply that I don't know how to mix saltwater though... that is kind of annoying.

But anyways, yeah people, dont just add water to a huge pile of salt. You can however be more scientific about it and add a "crap load" of salt to a "butt load" of water (those are imperial measurements, not metric). You end up with salt around 1.30 or so and you can dilute it down from there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

lol. its fine. Having someone imply that I don't know how to mix saltwater though... that is kind of annoying.

But anyways, yeah people, dont just add water to a huge pile of salt. You can however be more scientific about it and add a "crap load" of salt to a "butt load" of water (those are imperial measurements, not metric). You end up with salt around 1.30 or so and you can dilute it down from there.

That's what you get for using all those technical terms - got to stay away from the science jargon you know :D

• Haha 1

That's what you get for using all those technical terms - got to stay away from the science jargon you know [emoji3]

sorry, i have been reading allot about Alabama in the last week trying to figure out how on earth Roy Moore can even be close in the poles. turns out alabama is the 5th or 6th dumbest state in the country (depends on the survey). I guess its just rubbing off on me.

FFR.. west virginia amd hawaii often battle for the status of dumbest state but WV is also in the top 3 of highest rate of obesity so i think that is where I'm going to move to.

anywho.. i just got my bill of lading for my tank. The crate and tank combined = 770lbs! yikes

6 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

sorry, i have been reading allot about Alabama in the last week trying to figure out how on earth Roy Moore can even be close in the poles. turns out alabama is the 5th or 6th dumbest state in the country (depends on the survey). I guess its just rubbing off on me.

Oregon must be #4 with your spelling capabilities. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

You are correct. I was going to build this guy a custom sump, but perhaps i should put that on the back burner and take some spelling classes?
or turn on auto correct?

Haha!  I figured he just volunteered to move your new tank for you!

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

You are correct. I was going to build this guy a custom sump, but perhaps i should put that on the back burner and take some spelling classes?
or turn on auto correct?

I would. Guy sounds like a douche. 

After thinking it over, I decided it was best to hire professionals to move the tank into place. Not only do they carry insurance, i punched it into a calculator and the cost of the movers is only 5% of the cost of the tank.

So lunch time tomorrow, i can drink a latte and watch people put my tank into place. Which, is kind of ideal really.

:).

• Like 2