Used AI sol led

coyote

Looking to buy a used AI sol led. My power went off , when it came back on 1 of the sol fixtures wasn't working right. A week later the power went off again and when the power came back on the fixture starting working again. Then two weeks later the power goes off again now the other light is completely out. I'm getting ready to buy a new red sea 425 xl with the AI leds but until them I'm looking for a used AI sol. Does anybody know if I should try to see if something might have short out on my led system

51 minutes ago, coyote said:

Looking to buy a used AI sol led. My power went off , when it came back on 1 of the sol fixtures wasn't working right. A week later the power went off again and when the power came back on the fixture starting working again. Then two weeks later the power goes off again now the other light is completely out. I'm getting ready to buy a new red sea 425 xl with the AI leds but until them I'm looking for a used AI sol. Does anybody know if I should try to see if something might have short out on my led system

Those AI lights are long out of Warranty, I'm sure you could pop it open and take a look and possibly see whats going on. They are pretty basic when it comes to taking them apart. Otherwise Keep an eye on Reef2Reef & Nano-Reef.  The Sol's typically still go for about $125 as many others are looking for them, just saw 3 of them sell for $400 yesterday on Reef2Reef.

This guy is selling one for $160 with Controller

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fuge-light-aquamaxx-skimmer-ai-sol-jbj-frag-tank.335112/

Edited by Exodus
Added listing

You might want to try AI's service department. I had a hydra 26 acting up, sent it in for repairs (out of warranty) and they determined the control board went bad. Replacement boards are expensive and they offered me a brand new hydra 26 HD for $150. I took them up on the offer, now I wish I had all HDs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk