Basement/Garage Sumps and Construction

youcallmenny

Sorry, goofed up the quote. Anyway, for fans I'd recommend one nice fan rather than 2 stock bath fans. Those builder grade bath fans aren't meant for continuous duty, are loud, and the advertised flow rates are calculated with little to no static pressure so you won't get anything near the flow you want once you add some ducting and an elbow or two. Put in a Panasonic Whispergreen. These are the gold standard in continuous run bath fans. They are so quiet you don't even know they are on, have DC motors so only use about 15 watts, and the motor torques up to achieve the advertised flow once ducting is installed. I put this one in my basement where my tank is. You can select 50, 80, or 110 CFM or adjust it anywhere from 0-30 CFM. So you can pretty much dial it in to reach the humidity level you want. I run mine at 80 CFM and my old Portland basement stays around 55% rh. The most important thing when installing fans is your ducting. You can't use that 4" flex duct and expect any kind of flow. Use rigid metal duct and limit/eliminate any 90 degree elbows. The takeoff is 6" on this fan.
https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-FV-05-11VK1-WhisperGreen-Select-Fan/dp/B00JALSFPC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ouch!! ok, one comment and then back on topic.

i shattered the tibia, so they lined everything up, took xrays, and then pounded a titanium rod down the middle.of my leg. I left the hospital 2 days later with an ace bandage!!

+1 on the pansonic fans mentioned above. they are super nice!! we had one in our old basement.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

i have the cuda. the nice thing about these pumps is the hybrid models that can run two different impellors. I got.mine used at R2R.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nice!  Those high pressure models sound kind of crazy - that is a lot of flow at a high head pressure.  Not sure I have ever seen any of those in action.