Higher Thinking

Time for FTS: Full Tank Sunday!

not much going on here other than some fish.  got an algae scrubber and denitrator working and the nitrates are coming down so i hope to have corals again one day.  

UwjWJZSHGrNMAKGSRCPAt9070X_rHXx4pCtm9DzE

Edited by kilmca
  • Like 4

Where's your big nem Holly?

I am sorry to say that after having the privilege of displaying that anemone for more than 3 years, it has crossed the rainbow bridge. One of the heartbreaks at this hobby is losing animals without a discernible reason. My clownfish and anemone crab have now found a new home with this beautiful yellow anemone from Cuttle Fish. I reworked the aquascaping in the area and made an SPS garden--right next to the anemone. I like to live dangerously.

RIP Big Blue

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

a81e68afc2a26754180a5590440d03f3.jpg8934109c23ee65ac62ec303ccc84b9fd.jpgf6123b8a8f7ca8302d928039b00a166d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Awwww, I'm sorry to hear that.  :shock::nooo::cryingfit:

You're right that life in the reef is fleeting.  It's still a huge bummer when a cherished piece goes suddenly.  I just lost my green and orange scoly I've had for several years. 

As I tell outsiders when talking about reefing, it's a grim hobby. 

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that one Holly that was a sweet nem!

Lights are off a pic of mine tomorrow if I remember...............

But here is my little IM14 peninsula

IMG_4303.jpg

• Like 5

Sorry to hear about the nem Holly @Gil&Fin that is very sad. I l knew he wasn’t doing great last time I was out there but was hoping he would bounce back. RIP big blue indeed. He was awesome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheClark said:

Lights are off, so here are a couple from last month featuring the rare and uncollectible yellow tang!  

55D2ADD1-3D78-4FD0-BF5C-14A48B111FF2.jpeg5BFA02A8-D7C5-4AD9-A8BD-275452070EFB.jpegEEA92BA4-8C30-4C98-A945-A646F991852F.jpegED392B27-3633-437B-AAC9-EC83D8AEFA98.jpeg

I like the tang sneaking into that last one to eyeball you!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, albertareef said:

I like the tang sneaking into that last one to eyeball you!

Major stalker, all the other fish go about their business.  The Naso locks eyes with me any time I look over there.  Truly a notch up on the IQ scale from the other fishes at least when it comes to food.  Makes getting pics very tough!

• Like 2

Really nice!  Why does that wrasse in the last picture look like he got a grainy filter ran over him a few times?  Is that the giant Naso you got at C&C at the meeting there last year?  

7 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Really nice!  Why does that wrasse in the last picture look like he got a grainy filter ran over him a few times?  Is that the giant Naso you got at C&C at the meeting there last year?  

Algae patch on the glass :joking:

That is the giant Cnc Naso yes!  He is quite the character!

• Haha 1