Swim bladder

fishboys

I have a wrasse that I believe has a swim bladder issue. 

Does anyone know where I can buy the medicine to try and treat it with. If anyone has some I can purchase from them that would also help? Also any help would great as I've never had to treat a fish in any way shape or form. .

thank you very much. 

Try feeding peas. Easy to use frozen by removing the skin and breaking into tiny pieces, so the wrasse can swallow it. Just a few should clear up gas, if that's all it is.

If that doesn't work, you may need to vent with a needle. Not for the nervous hand, but if you dare, you should find this video helpful. It's unlikely to come to that, so don't freak out too much yet.

1 hour ago, Flashy Fins said:

Try feeding peas. Easy to use frozen by removing the skin and breaking into tiny pieces, so the wrasse can swallow it. Just a few should clear up gas, if that's all it is.

If that doesn't work, you may need to vent with a needle. Not for the nervous hand, but if you dare, you should find this video helpful. It's unlikely to come to that, so don't freak out too much yet.

Interesting... I hadn't heard of this.  Thanks for sharing!