Coral bandsaw...

Optimusprime3605

Anyone in the Vancouver area have a coral bandsaw?

Looking to cut up a decent size rock with zoas on it.

Drinks are on me if you do... Lmk
TIA

Sent from my man cave hoping the Dodgers win the World Series [emoji14]

Right, we should go up on one some day maybe! I've been thinking of buying one myself, for all these harder to frag stony corals

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Im a big fan of Dremel with diamond cutting wheel for massive colony types. You can cut surprisingly small and neat frags with this, and a screwdriver to pop off the frag once cut. After making a lot of favia and acan frags in this way I have no urge to use a bandsaw. And this is waaaay cheaper...

• Like 2

I've actually used a chisel and hammer to break up rocks with success, but some are easier than others and you can't decide exactly where it will break. 
I've also been successful with a chisel/flathead screwdriver with hammer but like you mentioned, it all depends on the rock on where it will break.

Im a big fan of Dremel with diamond cutting wheel for massive colony types. You can cut surprisingly small and neat frags with this, and a screwdriver to pop off the frag once cut. After making a lot of favia and acan frags in this way I have no urge to use a bandsaw. And this is waaaay cheaper...
I hear ya on it being cheaper, for sure and great for cutting around acans/favias and such but I have a rock about 14" long 5" wide and about 6" tall. I need something to cut big chunks and that's where, I think, a bandsaw would come in handy. Good advice tho on the dremel...