Hawaii knowledge

talkalot82

So I just want to give people information I didn’t know till today.

I just talked to Quality Marine. For those who don’t know they are a supplier of fish for stores. stores possibly in your local area. And the rep I was talking to Has told me that Hawaii Is at this time not allowing The removal of fish For environmental reasons.

those who don’t know there are quite a few fish that come from Hawaii that you would see in your local stores such as the yellow tang, A lot of species of wrasse, a lot of angelfish. Just to give people a heads up on that. At this point  they do not even know if it’s legal to sell these fish.

just remember that when you go to your local store and they’re not getting in your fish you want. Don’t get mad at them. It might not be available. Or if you see them but their prices have gone up will you will know why.

There's a ton of confusion and a lot of misinformation on the Hawaii "ban"

What they have done is pulled permits for small mesh nets, which means the collection of things like Wrasses and such will be difficult to catch. Net's with openings 2" or bigger are still allowed. There are people still collecting in Hawaii and shipping fish, the divers have tried to improvise and have found some new techniques. So as of now Hawaii collection isn't shut down. Now what the future holds is yet to be seen...

• Thanks 1