yeah for my clown fish :)

pdxmonkeyboy

That's super cool. I think I got lucky just got a bta last week and two days later my clown is hosting it. I kind of regret getting the bta with how new my tank is hope it works out. How big is your clown and what type is it? Does your anemone move around a lot? 

IMG_0405.JPG

• Like 1

That's super cool. I think I got lucky just got a bta last week and two days later my clown is hosting it. I kind of regret getting the bta with how new my tank is hope it works out. How big is your clown and what type is it? Does your anemone move around a lot? 
IMG_0405.thumb.JPG.8d9e8516341848c3efc504e7192c7093.JPG
that bubble tip he is in was HUGE, it recently split off a big chunk. Your nem should be ok if you keep your ammonia and PH in check.

that anemone was on walk about for like 3 weeks. it was here, then over there, then under this, then over there. he finally decided he wanted to be in the SAME exact cave as my first anenome. lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

ok, I. have to say it. It really doesn't matter because, well, because it doesn't, but it is a pet peeve of mine.

The anenome is the host, not the other way around.

Haha !  I was wondering if you would comment on that. I always wondered how that got inverted in common usage but just went with the flow. 

Haha !  I was wondering if you would comment on that. I always wondered how that got inverted in common usage but just went with the flow. 
i know.. it's like "ATM machine" since ATM means automatic teller machine you are saying I have to go to the automatic teller machine machine. LOL

I hope it doesn't come off as snarky or the grammar police, i think that some people just don't know. I think the reversal is just a result of being trying to explain why their clown isn't in an anenome. Most people don't know or remember the word symbiot so they use the word host instead.

if you want on a forum and said "why won't my clownfish become a symbiot? most people would say huh? Plus it is the fishes decision and host can be used as a verb..

But the anenome is larger and therefore the proper term is host. If it's tough to remember think of the anenome as a house, the fish is a guest and therefore the anenome is acting as a host.

23 hours ago, Exodus said:

Remember when we used to tape pictures of clowns hosting an anemone to the glass of the tank to try and give them a hint! :) Wonder who's bright idea that was! Congratulations!

That tip right there, totally worked for me!  Seems nuts, the kids were cracking up about it...

• Like 1