Sign in to follow this  
AcanLord

Clam troubles

I’ve had a few derasas all over 3” from live Aquaria and they don’t last more than a few days. The tank is pest free and water is pretty good. Calcium might be a tad low but not enough to kill a clam. I also got a 1” golden teardrop Maxima, and it’s loving life. So I’m completely clueless at this point.... any help would be greatly appreciated. 327ec58c6f1988b8cd2cbe13fc8bc303.jpgd9c586d1644ef9377d973b9500865319.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feed 1-30μm phytoplankton in the form of Brightwell Phytochrom and my 3 clams are... well, happy as clams!  I'm just taking a stab in the dark at what might be ailing you. 

• Like 2

I feed 1-30μm phytoplankton in the form of Brightwell Phytochrom and my 3 clams are... well, happy as clams!  I'm just taking a stab in the dark at what might be ailing you. 

I think you were right. I’ve been feeding with phytoplankton and now it’s doing great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I feed phyto but only a few times a month if I remember. I have a 5" clam that just keeps on growing.......I think calcium is really needed as they suck that stuff up. Do you dose or add it ?