New 33 gallon Aquamaxx

nrc

+1 on the link above, that helped me out. I had a hard time settling on a spectrum while trying to figure out what looked good to my eye but good for growth and color. Good to see some actual testing. I have AI 26s but they have the same diodes, just twice as many. It is definitely blue, but you can tweak it from there to dial it in to how you like it. Only a percent or two more of white makes a big change. It limits the red and green that can fuel algae growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to dig through the house and see if I can find a snorkeling camera that I picked up a few years back.  It's bound to take better photos than this phone...

FTS Jan 1 2018.jpg

Edited by nrc
replaced one crummy cell pic with a slightly less crummy pic

• 4 weeks later...

Top view of some new growth.  The Monti caps are growing slowly in spite of being partly shaded.   My hope is they will soon be out far enough to gather a bit more light.   I can't recall the name of the green piece which I got from @albertareef however all of those bright green nubs are new within the last week.... 

Top View New growth.JPG

1 hour ago, nrc said:

Top view of some new growth.  The Monti caps are growing slowly in spite of being partly shaded.   My hope is they will soon be out far enough to gather a bit more light.   I can't recall the name of the green piece which I got from @albertareef however all of those bright green nubs are new within the last week.... 

Top View New growth.JPG

Glad to see they are starting to grow for you. Looks like that one piece is the sour apple birds nest from Holly. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...