Sign in to follow this  
pdxmonkeyboy

48" Giesemann Aurora

Change of plans on new aquarium.. which resulted in a two foot longer tank so that means I'm putting my Giesseman Aurora for sale. 

I don't think you will find ANYONE that says Giesemann lights are not the absolute bomb.  The only negative I hear about them is they are expensive.  They are expensive, but for good reason. 

The machining and overall quality on this light is top notch.  The light has 4 54watt T5 bulbs and three 75 watt LED clusters. 

comes wirh hanging kit and brand new t5's.  2 coral blue and two actinic (ati). 

$1600 

more info..

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aurora-hybrid-48-4x54-3x85w-led-giesemann.html

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spectra said:

Nice light! GLWS............

thank you.  It is super nice. It's the Porsche of reef lights. I'm picking up a 6' Giesman for the new tank:) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

thank you.  It is super nice. It's the Porsche of reef lights. I'm picking up a 6' Giesman for the new tank:) 

I love the new lights they have out but with the LEDs only in the center I went retro...........I am running a ATI with 6 T5s and 8 LED arrays.........you can tan under it if you want :laugh: I had a small powermodule and loved it but the center LEDs I was not a fan of.

1 hour ago, spectra said:

I love the new lights they have out but with the LEDs only in the center I went retro...........I am running a ATI with 6 T5s and 8 LED arrays.........you can tan under it if you want :laugh: I had a small powermodule and loved it but the center LEDs I was not a fan of.

So your running a custom set up then... all the hybrid lights I know of run led in the center.  which makes sense as that is where all your coral is. 

I thought about doing a custom hood... but just too much work right now. 

31 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

So your running a custom set up then... all the hybrid lights I know of run led in the center.  which makes sense as that is where all your coral is. 

I thought about doing a custom hood... but just too much work right now. 

Yes took a 8 bulb ATI had the housing anodized black and have 2 T5s 4 LEDs 2 T5s 4 LEDS and 2 more T5s LEDs take up the space of 2 T5 bulbs.

Its a sweet light and wasn't cheap either :laugh: here is a quick pic I had better but photobucket ate them..........you get the idea......

IMG_4239.jpg

Sign in to follow this