Good afternoon

Carla

6 hours ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Welcome Carla! 
"Die Hard" reefer right there! Coming all the way from Montana and I complain about going to Portland for a meeting, haha! Maybe you can post a pic of yourself on the 'Face to Name' thread. Always nice to see who we are talking to. Glad you joined. People here are a great bunch of reefers!!! Btw, your tanks rock!

I used to drive to Seattle for their summer BBQ when there was a PSAS..............................lol. The driving part is nothing :yippee:.

I'll work on finding a pic for the "Face to Name " thread when I get more coffee in me. 

And thank you all for the compliments. This is a great hobby and I am more than happy to share :) 

9 hours ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Couldn't figure out how to delete the quote, I only know enuf about computers to be dangerous :).

Anyways, here's some pics of my 75 gallon refugium/frag tank/garbage disposal. this is lit with a 4 bulb T5 fixture, only 2 of the bulbs are working because I am too lazy to go down to Missoula to get replacement bulbs:unsure:

20171021_075148.jpg

20171021_075209.jpg

20171021_075223.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Carla, I believe we met at the NWFrag Fest. My name is RoBert and I was probably wearing a blue tank top running around all over the place. And I must say your tanks look immaculate, we are probably going to have to work out a trade for next year as I see some goodies in there I would mind getting a frag of. Glad you found us, maybe I will see you around the forums.

3 minutes ago, badxgillen said:

Hello Carla, I believe we met at the NWFrag Fest. My name is RoBert and I was probably wearing a blue tank top running around all over the place. And I must say your tanks look immaculate, we are probably going to have to work out a trade for next year as I see some goodies in there I would mind getting a frag of. Glad you found us, maybe I will see you around the forums.

Just let me know what you see in there, and let's see what we can do :). We might be able to find a way to get you something maybe next Spring or so?

I do believe we were taking pics, were we not?

30 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Welcome!  Beautiful system.  I'm sure we will be better for having you! 

LOL..................... let's not go that far................................ :).

But I do appreciate the welcome, believe me <3

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...

OMG, it has been a little bit since I posted in this group. I have been a little busy changing some things around, so please forgive me. In July of this year, I went from from my 3 tank system, to just one tank, a custom built 190 from Crystal Reef in Bellingham WA. It was a chore, but with some friends from Seattle and Spokane, we managed to do the turn around in one weekend in July. There was beer, lots of good food, and better yet, a ton of fun. This new system is a little over a month and a half old now, and things are not looking too bad at all. I waited about 3 weeks after it got going and then brought in a clean up crew from Reeftopia, and the little guys have been working diligently to clear up all the algae from the cycle, and things are starting to look pretty darn good.

There were only a couple of casualties, I lost my big Oregon Tort colony, it is now about 18 frags worth, but the STN has stabilized and I am crossing my fingers that I will be able to grow it back over time. 

See you all on October 27th if there isn't 3' of snow on the passes on the way over :).

DX2A7647.jpg

DX2A7648.jpg

DX2A7649.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Carla - that is quite a change for sure!  Tank looks fantastic (would expect nothing less) but sorry to hear about the tort... that was a pretty amazing colony.  At least you didn't lose it all together.  Did you keep the sump/refugium arrangement the same or did you do something completely different for that?  Hope to see you in October.

1 minute ago, albertareef said:

Hey Carla - that is quite a change for sure!  Tank looks fantastic (would expect nothing less) but sorry to hear about the tort... that was a pretty amazing colony.  At least you didn't lose it all together.  Did you keep the sump/refugium arrangement the same or did you do something completely different for that?  Hope to see you in October.

Well thanks, it was definitely quite the weekend when we did the change. I also got a new custom sump from Crystal Reef, new return pump, new skimmer. I figured it was time to change it all :).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Carla said:

Well thanks, it was definitely quite the weekend when we did the change. I also got a new custom sump from Crystal Reef, new return pump, new skimmer. I figured it was time to change it all :).

Sounds awesome.  Throw up some pics of the rest of the system sometime if you get a chance.  Always need new setups to be envious of 😃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, albertareef said:

Sounds awesome.  Throw up some pics of the rest of the system sometime if you get a chance.  Always need new setups to be envious of 😃

I'll get some tomorrow for you :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2018 at 2:40 PM, albertareef said:

So........................... Here is the new Stealth 44" sump, Eschopps X350 Skimmer and Fluval SP6 return pump. I am still running my 75 gallon refugium, and in the background of the last pic, the 44 gallon Brute is full of 40 gallons of Kalk for my ATO.

DX2A7694.jpg

DX2A7712.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, CrabbyCrabs said:

I would kill to live that close to Glacier National Park. My favorite. Along with Waterton lakes, Banff/Jasper. If I could make a living up there I'd move. And that is one nice tank. Must be hard to find stuff local. Missoula is a bit of a drive.

Missoula, Spokane, Seattle, I will drive :).

25 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Hey Carla - sorry you didn’t make it to fragdest this year. Probably saved you a bit of coin though 😁. Maybe next year!

Well thanks, things just didn't work out for this year. Things go good for you all?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...