Good afternoon

Carla

Hey there, I thought I would introduce myself since I am new here. My name is Carla Ehlers, and I live in NW Montana. First off, thank you for letting an out-of-stater in.......................lol. I am hoping to be able to post some pics of my tanks, so here goes :). These are all tied into one 100 gallon sump, along with a 75 gallon refugium and a skimmer that used to be on my 300. there are 2 40 gallon breeders and the 28 gallon cube.

DX2A1478.jpg

DX2A1480.jpg

DX2A1483.jpg

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Carla said:

No nems in this system at all. Thank you, they are at a little over 2 years now

This is what I thought might be a nem or a gigantic pocillopora of some sort but you just don’t often seen them grown to that size! Very nice! I love to see nice colonies grown in!

72BD61D6-520C-4E18-B1C8-6B446B245BCE.jpeg

Emerald, that's a Fiji leather that I have had since 2003, been fragged a few times.......................lol

alberta, the sump and the fuge used to serve a 300, I just left stuff the way it was when I lost the 300

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Carla said:

alberta, the sump and the fuge used to serve a 300, I just left stuff the way it was when I lost the 300

Good call - I am sure that contributes to how well everything seems to be doing.  I hope losing the 300 didn't entail any tragedy but at least what you are running now looks fantastic.  Sounds like you may have joined us for the fragfest this year - that is awesome!  We are hoping to lure some vendors from farther afield as well... maybe next year.  Not sure we could handle two a year though - some significant recovery time may be involved :shock:

2 minutes ago, Flashy Fins said:

You're not a reel reefer till you've flooded something. :laugh:

That is so true.......................lol. I used to think I was doing something wrong, but it happened 2-3 times a year, so I got to thinking it was normal.

Welcome Carla! 
"Die Hard" reefer right there! Coming all the way from Montana and I complain about going to Portland for a meeting, haha! Maybe you can post a pic of yourself on the 'Face to Name' thread. Always nice to see who we are talking to. Glad you joined. People here are a great bunch of reefers!!! Btw, your tanks rock!