RO/DI Problems

The ReefBox

So to make a long story somewhat short here is my dilemma

i have a Spectrapure 5 stage ro/di unit

and lately my membranes are only lasting 2-3,months. It was a 180 gpd unit but I pullled one of the membranes off as I did not need that much when I replaced membrane ($$$$$) I run a booster pump and keep PSI AT 80 my garage temp is roughly 60 and I flush membrane whenever I do water changes. The rejection rate is 99% ($$$) and waste ratio is 3:1  TDS in is only 80 so for the life of me cannot figure out what could foul it so quick to the point it takes 3-4 days to make 30 gallons 

it is hooked up to a float valve on main system and I eveporate4-5 gallons total per day   Membrane/filters and both DI canisters we’re swapped for new on 7/28/17 and now can hardly make any water

thoughts???

Brian

Hey Brian, where are you measuring pressure?  I have seen some pretty big pressure drops across the canister filters in front of the RO membrane when they have become clogged due to water supply issues. Just wondering if that might be happening to you so the membrane isn’t really getting fed at 80. I never figured out what the issue was with the supply but just kept having to swap out the micron and carbon filters until it went away. Might have been work on the city supply kicking up debris. 

2 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Hey Brian, where are you measuring pressure?  I have seen some pretty big pressure drops across the canister filters in front of the RO membrane when they have become clogged due to water supply issues. Just wondering if that might be happening to you so the membrane isn’t really getting fed at 80. I never figured out what the issue was with the supply but just kept having to swap out the micron and carbon filters until it went away. Might have been work on the city supply kicking up debris. 

Im 80 before and 75 after. I install a gauge a long time ago to ck this very issue